Chapter - 4

6 YEARS AGO/22 year old Fin

I ripped the door open and bursted inside. A woman gasped in shock, a broom in her hands. She picked it up and protectively walked backwards.

"We need your help.." I whispered, she didn't respond but kept looking at us. A strong feeling in her eyes.

"We don't take white-" She looked at my and Jo's wrapped hands and saw the rings. Then she lifted her head back up and sighed.

"Close the door.." She said then, I nodded and slammed the door shut.

"I'm so sorry we burst in here.." I mumbled, and breathed heavily. The woman just smiled slightly. Her eyes looked through the windows.

"Who are you running from?" She asked as we followed her into the backrooms.

"A woman with white hair, really tall, looks like from here.." I answered mumbling, she smiled and nodded.

"Okay, I won't tell you're here.. So.. how long have you been married?" She asked and placed a plate with some bread on a table we were sitting at now.

"Two years." Jo answered, the woman nodded.

"What's your name?" She asked more and more. With a small smile she sat with us.

"I'm Fin and this is Jo." I answered and I took my wife's hand in mine again. She leaned her head against my shoulder and sighed.

"So, why were you running? I mean it's really late.. and also, what clothes are those? Where are you from?" She asked and shook her head in confusion.

I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not. I didn't know her but at the same time.. I trusted her, she seemed trustworthy to me..

Someone knocked loudly at the door. I flinched.

"Don't open-" I started but the woman already stood up and headed away.

"Fini, what are we doing here?" Jo asked, she laid her hand on my cheek and turned my face to her. Her eyes were filled with worry.

"We need to find something we are safe in.." I mumbled, but Jo shook her head and took my hands into hers now.

"This is not what it seems it is, you look so tense.. What is wrong?" She asked and rubbed her thumb against my palm, it calmed me.

"They could kill you.. I don't want to lose you, Jo.. they'll come and kill you.. I can't let that happen. You're the only thing I have.." I mumbled and sighed, she nodded, leaned a bit forward and kissed me. I kissed back.

"I'm sorry, we're closed.." I heard and pulled back but then things were getting crushed and others were falling down.

"No! Hello?! Get out of my salon!" She yelled but then the door opened and the Handler was standing there

"Besides that you tied me up, took my suitcase AND left makes nothing better at all, you go around and search for safety IN A SALON?! Look what you've done!" The Handler yelled and sighed dramatically.

"You can't take her away from me!" I yelled back and held Jo's hand. She was hiding behind me a bit and just stayed there, listening.

"I suppose I have to! Let's go." She said and try to grab my arm but I pulled back and shook my head. She exhaled annoyed and tried again.

"No."

"Let's go outside, shall we?" She asked then. I sighed and nodded, the Handler already made her way out. I turned to the woman.

"I'm so sorry.. we disturbed your salon. Thank you for the bread and for those.. Twenty minutes of safety." I said, she smiled slightly and nodded.

"Of course." I hugged her and left with Jo. The Handler was waiting there for us, she was tapping her feet and sighed again and again.