Chapter - 3

10 YEARS AGO/18 year old Fin

"That dress looks amazing on you!" Jolina smiled brightly and took my hand, turning me in a circle.

"Thank you!" I chuckled and hugged the girl I loved. With her blonde hair and brown eyes, and her soft hands.. 

"Let's buy it!" She said and took another look at me, her hands were on my shoulders and she leaned her forehead against mine.

"Why don't we steal it?" I asked instead and heard her gasp in shock, fake shock of course but it was funny. I laughed and she did too, then we nodded.

Counting to three, then we pulled away the curtain that was closing the small changing room and headed outside. The woman behind the counter yelled but we kept running and running and running.

While we were laughing, we headed hand in hand to the next park and stayed there to take a breath.

"You really do know how to have fun!" She chuckled, I nodded and looked at her. We looked each other in the eyes and I felt so safe, safer then I did in a long time.

Jolina and I were hanging out for weeks only but I really liked her. She was a very catholic girl, grew up in a very religious family and I was trying to show her a little more and a little behind the whole tight view she grew up in.

"Hey, do you want.. you know.. run away? With me?" I asked suddenly, Jo looked at me confused and tilted her head, her eyebrows squeezed together.

"And where?" She asked, pulling back a small hair strand.

"I don't know, just somewhere.. somewhere where we can be.. well.. well, where we can be us." I mumbled and waited a moment.

Jo placed her hand on my cheek, holding my face softly. Her brown eyes burned into mine. She was so fragile.. 

"I'd go anywhere, if I could be with you." She smiled and sighed. Her hot breath mixed with mine and we were standing so close to each other that it felt like I could hear her heartbeat.

"Then.. let's go." I whispered, then I slowly pulled her in and kissed her softly, her hands found my waist and we stood there a moment. Her lips on mine and I just felt the heat leaving her to mine.

"Let's go.." I grabbed her hand and she followed me back to my apartment in which I grabbed the suitcase, Jolina looked at me confused.

"What is that for?" She asked.

"Do you trust me, Jo?" She nodded but still seemed unsure.

"Would you believe me if I'd tell you that.. I came from a different timeline, I'm from the past, Jo.. and with this suitcase.. we can travel wherever we want to." I explained and waited, she gasped a little but a bright smile appeared on her face.

"Are you coming too?" I asked, she nodded, grabbed my hand and then I used the suitcase.

We landed in 2024, the sun was shining in a bright light and it was burning on our skin.

"Welcome to the future!" I said, took her hand and pulled her with me. She laughed and followed, her head turning from one side to the other.

"This is amazing!" She chuckled and grabbed my arm, walking next to me. We were at a beach, warm sand under us and people were talking in a different language.

Big trees were all over the beach, giving a little bit of coolness to the heat. With our clothes we did fit in, Jo was wearing shorts and a pink tank top while I still had the blue dress on.

"Let's go swimming!" I said and smiled.

"What about the suitcase?" She asked instead, I sighed but then I headed to the next hotel and booked a room. I placed the suitcase in the closet and we ran back to the beach.