Chapter 10

"Okay, lemme get this straight; you're asking me to go to a clothing store and get you a full men's extra large outfit for... you?" Taylor asks. "Like, that's all just for you?"

"Yes, Taylor, its all just for me. You know me and my extra large clothes." I reply.

"Okay, but in men's?" She asks skeptically. "Well, I really don't wanna go out after what happened at the mall today. I'll just order it onlin--"

"No!" I shout. "That'll take too long. I need all that stuff, like, now, kinda." I say. There's an awkward silence between us.

"Alright, fine. I'll get it for you. It'll take, I don't know, 30 minutes maybe?" She says.

"That's fine! Thank you SOOOO MUCH, Taylor!" I say. "Love you, see you in 30!" I hang up the phone and look at the wolf, Jax, who's staring out the window. "You can sit down, y'know. I'm sure you're tired from all that fighting." I say to him. He turns and looks at me.

"Oh, I'm okay. Werewolves don't stay tired for very long." He says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"The man from the mall came to get you with some friends." He leans against the wall. "They left after I killed him."

"You WHAT!?" I say, surprised. "How did you kill him!? Did you stab him or something? Are there blood stains anywhere???"

"D-Don't worry! I just snapped his neck." Jax explains. "Stabbing him wouldn't have done anything anyways. I already showed you we can regenerate."

"So, does that mean he won't be coming for me anymore? Am I safe?" I ask him.

"Yes and no. Cooper is dead-dead, he isn't coming back. But his friends are gonna go and tell their pack, so they're probably gonna come for us." Jax answers.

"WHAT!? How many do you think will come!?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"However many they feel they need to send for me." He says. "Which might be a lot. Cooper was an alpha, I think, so they're probably pissed about that."

"Alpha? Like, A/B/O stuff? I thought that was proven wrong." I say quietly to myself.

"What's 'A/B/O'?" Jax asks, surprising me.

"You heard me??" I ask him. He nods.

"Do you keep forgetting I'm a werewolf? I've got plenty of little tricks, including enhanced hearing." He reminds me. "So, what exactly is A/B/O?"

"To be honest, I don't really know. All I know is it has something to do with wolf hierarchy." I answer.

"Oh." He says. I breathe in, getting a whiff of him. Ugh, on top of that wet dog smell, he's musty, too.

"Hey, could you please take a shower?" I say. "Not to be rude, but you smell horrid."

"Ah, sorry!" He says. "I don't think it would wash away my scent, though. That's a natural thing." He scratches his neck.

"Do it anyways. There are a couple of unused rags in my bathroom. You can use that and the soap."

"Uh.. okay." He says. "I guess I'll be back." He leaves the room, but that smell doesn't go with him. I grab a can of air freshener and spray my room down. Now I'm glad he decided not to sit anywhere. I lay back on my bed and open up my phone, looking at Instagram. Cory's updated his story. I wonder what he's been up to.

I open it and see him and his girlfriend taking a selfie from a balcony. There's a caption that reads 'This view is wild! New York is awesome!!' with some mentioned accounts.