Chapter 13

hey guys its Writer Cat 😺

its been a real long time since i updated wolf bite, huh?

ive gotten so much interaction and positive reception on my story, and im happy to say that its finally coming back!

thank you for sticking with me and supporting my writing for so long. enjoy the rest of the story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I throw myself on my bed, groaning into my pillow. This is too much. All this just because I put a few bandaids on Jax?? This isn't fair to me!

What caused the beef between him and that pack, anyway?? Territory? Maybe he pulls more bitches than them?? Why are werewolves so weird?

Actually, a better question would be, "Why are werewolves real?" Really, why are any of those monsters real? Aren't they supposed to be made up??

Wait.

Does that mean that the monster-under-the-bed thing is real, too!?? I peek under my bed, shining my phone light to see better. Nothing. Good.

That'd be awkward.

I turn onto my back and groan. I pull out my phone to text Taylor but get interrupted by a message from a random number.

"It's me, Jax," the text reads. "I got your number and stole Cooper's phone. Are you okay?"

Ew, he texts like an adult. "im fine," I text back to him. "what abt u?"

"What is abt?" He questions. Wow, he truly is inept. Granted, he's been a werewolf living in the woods his entire life. I doubt he'd have any experience with a smartphone. "dont worry about it," I say to him. "are we still going to the woods tonight?"

"Yes", he says. "Are you sure that twelve is a good time?"

"yea its fine," I confirm. He responds with a dry "Okay", which is probably an end to the conversation. I save his number with a wolf emoji next to it and go back to texting Taylor. "heyy, thx for bringing those clothes!" I text her.

"np but why did you need those kinds of clothes" she asks. "you never wear clothes that big".

"i wanted to try something new" I lie. "dont worry i'll wear it a lot. prolly for sleeping".

"that tracks 4 you" she responds, and I chuckle. "is your arm feeling better?" she asks me.

"yeah, a lil bit," I respond. "my parents r prolly gonna lose it"

"why havent you told them abt the mall insident!?" she asks me.

No way she spelled incident wrong like that. Maybe dad was right.

Just a little bit.

"idk. what do u think theyll say when they see it?"

"a lot" she says. "you should rest so that it heals faster". She's right. It'd probably help me feel better about all of this, and it could definitely take my mind off of this entire werewolf situation. "ur right. love u, ttyl" I respond. She sends me the same thing, and I close the chat. I lay my head down on my pillow. I close my eyes and sigh, finally getting a chance to go to sleep.

-------------------------------

I wake up under a blanket that I don't remember putting on. I sit up and stretch before checking my phone for the time. It's 5:09. A text from my mom reads that they'll be home in an hour. That's a nice amount of time to myself. I get up and see a vial of weird yellow liquid sitting on my desk with a note next to it.