Chapter 8

The girl (Dani, I believe her name was?), looks at me like I'm crazy. I don't blame her. Why would she believe I'm a werewolf?

Her eyes turn angry and she steps forward. "Listen! I don't wanna hear your bull--"

"You have to believe me! Its true!" I say. "I'm not human!"

"You're also not a good person, either! Why were you stalking me at the mall!?" She asks, clearly pissed.

"What?"

"Who was that man and why did he want me dead!? And why aren't you covered in injuries right now!? And why--"

"Stop!" I say.

"NO! I have plenty of questions, and--"

"You won't let me--"

"I'm not done asking my questions! Just shut up and--"

Alright, I've had enough.

I grab her uninjured shoulder and look dead into her eye. She stops talking, but immediately starts back up again.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!" She shoves her shoulder from my hand, and her behavior is starting to aggravate me.

"Shut up for 2 minutes!" I say sternly. "2 freakin' minutes!!"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO BOSS--" I stop her by stepping towards her. I stand straight up, using my height to intimidate her. I don't want to do this, but it's the only way to shut her up.

"Listen to me, dammit." I demand. I take another step.

"I know you have questions." I step again, making this one longer.

"But I can't answer.." One last step.

"If you don't. Shut. Up!" I slam my hand on the wall and hunch over, lowering myself again. Her eyes are showing a mix of fear and anger, and it looks like the anger is getting stronger. "How about this.." She limps into her kitchen and comes back with a knife in her hand. It's a large chef knife, and the blade is just a little ways from being as sharp as a wolf claw.

"Either prove to me, right now, that you're a werewolf," She starts, coming closer. She puts the knife to my chest. "Or I'll stab you, right here and now." She looks me in the eye. She's determined, and it's clear that she's willing to kill me right where I stand.

Too bad she can't.

I grab her hand and pull the knife towards my body. "Fine." I say, yanking her hand towards me. The knife goes into my chest, and blood starts to drip. The girl looks at my wound, surprised, before I pull the knife out. It stings a little, but the hole quickly starts to fix itself. In a matter of seconds, the hole is gone, and I'm good as new. "Is that enough proof?" I ask her.

She looks at the knife, then up at me. "Are you really...?" She starts, unable to finish her question. I nod.

"I told you. So can you stop asking questions now and let me explain everything?"

"Fine." She answers. She limps to the sink, putting the knife in and rinsing. She looks at me over her shoulder and says "But you've got a lot to explain."

-------------------------------

"...This is a lot to take in!" Dani says, scratching her head. "So that guy was tryna kill me because I helped you?"

"Yeah." I answer. "He's from an opposing pack who wants me dead. Since you saved my life, they're gonna try to take yours for interfering."

"So how am I supposed to stay safe then!? If they know who I am, then I'll always be in danger, right?" Dani ask. I shake my head.