Chapter Four

I was instantly looking for Cole when I arrived at school the following morning but he was no where to be found. No scent no nothing.

We need to find him. My wolf said deep within. Of course I knew that. I needed to tell him, to figure out what he was going to do until I saw pack members approaching. They were the ones my father sent to get packs member that were going against pack laws, capture rogues and kill rogues.

Soon they were at the door but we were on the first floor and I sat by a window. I opened the two glass doors and leapt out as the exploded. I ran, stripping as I did before shifting and running. They two started to shift but since I was much smaller than them I had an advantage.

I ran, leaping over fallen trees and shrubs until I hard my father and brother. They were moving fast to catch up when Cole and his father jumped out behind me but that's when I saw Luke and his father. They were moving fast, Luke's red fur following in the breeze.

"Don't let him get my mate." Luke yelled.

"Touch her and I will kill you." Cole shouted back as we headed into a canyon. Soon boulders fell as I looked up to see Darkwood pack members running along the edge.

"We are going to go to the other edge of our territory. Your father doesn't know of our home there. The only reason we are here is you anyway." Alpha Darkwood said. I nodded as we continued running.

Eventually we arrived at another mansion close to the board of Oregon three hours away from my home. Cole was supporting basically all of me as I leaned into him. People came from the house, draping blankets around us. We pulled them tight when we shifted back and went inside.

"Cole honey you're home." Shouted an older woman.

"Hi grandmother." Cole answered as she kissed his cheek.

"Hi mom." Alpha Darkwood said upon entering.

"Why hello William. Cole I see you finally found her and oh my she is beautiful." She said. "But I could've sworn she was white but look at this, brown hair."

"It's dye." I say finally.

"Why would you dye your hair?" I shrugged.

"Because white isn't a good color on my complexion." she rolled her eyes as Cole took my hand, leading me upstairs to his room. When he open the door I was shocked.

A king sized bed sat in the center of it with red and black sheets. There was a giant walk through closet and it's own bathroom. A flat screen hung on the wall at the foot of the bed and a killer sound system to the right to it. On the left wall by the bathroom wall was a desk then a giant wall that lead to a balcony.

"This is amazing." I said, looking around.

"Thank you." Cole said, handing me a mint green silk night gown and matching lace underwear. "Go get ready for bed. I'll use the other bathroom." I nodded as he left and went in the bathroom.

My shower was quick and when I stepped out in the nightgown with it's spaghetti straps on my skin I was embarrassed. The gown on came down to mid thigh and was a little chilly. I slipped into bed quickly and laid my head in the softest pillow ever. Cole came out soon after that, laying down beside me.

"We can't hide forever. My dad will search every inch of you territory to find me." I said as Cole's arms snaked around my waist.

"And he will meet several bloodily fights when he does. My father has been waiting for a long time for us to connect and he isn't going to let your father get in the way."

I glanced up into his grey eyes. He was so calm but I was so afraid of everything and everyone. How was he so calm when everything was about to come crashing down and there was nothing we could do?