Chapter 5

My whole body was stiff. Why would Harry do this to himself? I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Terrifying thoughts went through my head. Suicide? No. I couldn't let Harry suffer. He needed me. More than ever. He wanted me. More than ever.

"Harry! Stop!" I scream

Harry quickly turns towards me, his face in disappointment. He walks towards me and pushes me out of the bathroom. I hear the sound of the lock clicking.

"You can't see me like this." He whispers

"Harry! Open this door! Now!"

"I'm giving you what you want Hannah."

As soon as I realized what he was going to do, my body flushed in guilt. I was the cause of this. I was the one that made Harry want to make this decision. Making him believe that no one would ever be able to love him. I quickly back away from the door in shock. All I could hear was scraping noises, loud grunts, and quiet sobs. He was cutting himself.

I run towards the phone to call an ambulance. Tears starting to burst through my eyes. I hear the sound of my front door opening and closing. My mom.

"Mom! Help me! Please!" I sob

"Hannah. Darling. What's the matter?"

"Mom! It's Harry! He's hurting himself and he won't open the bathroom door! Please help me!"

My mom face reflects mine. She starts to panic. She heads over to one of the kitchen drawers to pull out a key. The key to all the doors in the house. That's right. I forgot about that. The only thing I was able to think about was Harry. Me and my mother ran to the bathroom to find complete silence. No sound. Not one word.

"Harry? Harry, honey it's Ashley" my mom says. "Harry I'm gonna open the door ok? We are coming in."

My mom quickly pulls the key from out of her pocket. Rifling through the lock and turning the key. She gasps loud enough to startle me. She wouldn't let me come in. Hand against my chest so I couldn't move forward.

"Hannah. Call 911." She whispers.

I start to cry once again. I hated knowing the fact that I was the cause of this. I never should've locked Harry in my garage. Or take his car. Or anything else that made him feel unloved. I run back into the kitchen to the house phone. I dial 911. After that, I walk to the bathroom. I don't run. I wasn't in a hurry to see what Harry had probably done to himself. I slowly peer my head around the bathroom doorframe. All I saw was Harry's arms covered in cuts. Blood swimming down his arms. My mom was wrapped around him. She starts to cry as well. When my mom starts to cry, I sob. I haven't seen my mom cry since the day my dad had left. And that was almost two years ago. I could tell she cared for Harry. Harry must've told her about his mom dying. About him not having anyone. My mom developed sympathy for him right at that moment. Something that was extremely hard for me to do.

I walk into the bathroom. Going on the other side of my mom, bringing my arms around her and Harry. Silence was all that was heard. Mixed with crying. Me and my mom were crying over someone who we didn't even know that well. I look at Harry and all I see is a blank face. Unconscious of whats going on. Eyes closed. Barely even breathing. I didn't want him to pass on. Me and my mom alright had a feeling of a boy leaving us, we definitely didn't need another. The silence was broke by the sound of sirens. Ambulance sirens to be exact. The sound of banging at the door startled me and my mother. We wanted to get up and answer the door, but we couldn't. We were still in shock.

"Hello? 911!" Is all we hear through the sound of our crying. "Ma'am? I'm going to burst through this door if we don't get an answer!"

Soon enough, we hear the door swing open. No movement was made. I glance over my moms shoulder to see a rather tall male standing in front of us.