Chapter 9

Inuyasha walked ahead of everyone with Kikyo at his side. They had decided to go back into the forest one more time to see how far they could get.

Miroku was walking just behind Sango with his eyes on her rear and his hand moving slowly towards it. Shippo sat in Sango's arms watching Miroku. He had a strange gleam in his eye. After saying something to her Shippo jumped out of her arms and walked beside Kirara.

He looked back ahead and waited for it.

There was a slap and a thud.

"You pervert! When this is over I hope I never see you again!" Sango yelled and stomped away from the monk.

"Hey Sango, can he still walk?"

She looked at Inuyasha with fire in her eyes and replied, "Unfortunately yes."

"Good, because we aren't waiting for anyone!"

Inuyasha's mind wandered to Kagome and he nearly growled... He needed to get her back, he owed her so much.

Kikyo looked up at Inuyasha when she felt him tense and saw the look of anger in his eyes. She had to wonder how much Inuyasha felt for Kagome and what it meant for her.

"Inuyasha?"

His head snapped up, and he looked down at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"I... never mind. Are you alright?"

Furrowing his brows, he nodded, "Yeah I just want to get Kagome back. This never should have happened, I should have been there for her."

Miroku listened to their conversation in silence. He knew that Inuyasha choose Kikyo over Kagome and that he had played with her feelings before he made his decision. And just now there was something close to jealousy in Kikyo's eyes... There was a bad feeling deep in his heart... and he prayed that Kagome would not be put in the middle of the two again.

Kikyo sighed, "There was no way you could have known that this would happen."

"I know, but she always helped me... I should have moved to her village when I had the chance." He said and looked away from Kikyo, "If something happens to her I don't know what I'll do..."

"We'll just have to make sure we get her back Inuyasha." Kikyo said and looked off into the distance.

Miroku shook his head and said, "We should stop for the night. It's been getting colder Inuyasha and tonight seems much worse."

"Fine. We'll stop here."

They walked off the path a little before Inuyasha stopped them, saying, "There's something here."

He walked over to a place where it seemed that the trees had been knocked down and he knelt. He looked down in astonishment and thought, 'No way...'

Sango peered over at him and asked, "What is it?"

"It's Koa... he's badly injured." Inuyasha exclaimed and pulled the tree off of him and looked him over, "He's barely alive."

Miroku knelt next to Inuyasha and said, "Come, we must help him Inuyasha."

He nodded, "Sango, Kikyo, could you start a fire, Shippo you get water."

"Ok!" The small kitsune replied and ran off with a pan.

As soon as the fire was started Kikyo worked on dressing Koa's wounds. He was lucky to be alive by the looks of things.

Once he was bandaged they laid him down on a blanket and waited. As the night went on the temperature dropped and clouds started to fill the sky.