Chapter 3

Her ears were back showing how upset she was.

'How can I ever go back there knowing he hates me? I'll never be able to look him in the face again.' she thought. Tears were streaming down her fur covered cheeks. Her blue eyes were filled with pain as she cried her eyes out.

She never felt the approach of a strong demonic energy or the sound of soft cautious steps.

Koa's heart tore in two when he saw her crying.

'I did that to her.' he thought, shaking his head, 'She should have told me if she felt differently towards me than a friend.'

He swallowed the lump in his throat and cried, "Sitora?"

She spun around and confronted the cause of her pain.

"Go away, Koa." she cried.

"We need to talk."

Sitora growled, "There is nothing to talk about. Leave me be!"

She made it as if to run away, but Koa blocked her path.

"Why can't you leave me alone?" she asked

"Because I'm the reason you're crying and I don't want you crying over me."

"I'm sorry If I made you feel bad! It's not my fault I feel this way about you." She said, turning away from him, "Please just go away."

His eyes hardened and he asked, "What exactly do you feel for me?"

"Why does it matter?! You could never feel the same way about me!"

Now she was trying his patience.

Koa asked, "Answer the question, Sitora!"

"Fine, I love you. Happy?!" she replied.

More tears fell from her blue eyes, "Because I'm not."

"You don't want to love me?"

"No! Why should I love someone who doesn't love me?!" she cried, as her eyes were pleading with him, "Leave me alone Koa, please."

"No, I will not leave you here alone." He stepped up to her, "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because," She whispered, "you didn't love me. I was afraid to change what we had."

Koa nuzzled her face and made her look at him, "Who ever said I didn't love you?"

"What?" she asked, looking at him, almost afraid to hope against hope.

"I never said I didn't love you, Sitora." He explained, nuzzling fully against her neck and facing, "Please come back with me."

"Are you saying you love me?" she asked.

"Yes, I am." he said, pulling away and licking her muzzle.

She nuzzled his neck and asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Same reason you didn't tell me." He said, pulling away, "Come on, our Lord wanted us back at the palace."

Koa ran a few steps ahead and yelled, "Hurry or you might get left in my dust."

She growled playfully, "You're going down."

Sitora took off at full speed into the forest as Koa flew overhead.

******

Kagome yawned. For some reason it hurt everytime she took a breath. She tried to sit up and a sharp pain shot up her back causing her fall back onto the bed with a scream.

Her scream did not go unheard. Two demonic energies heard her as they made it to the palace and rushed to her room.

Sitora and Koa looked at her pain-filled face. With a look to Koa that said stay here Sitora walked up to the bed and looked at the priestess.