6. Christmas kisses

Special Christmas chapter
Merry Christmas everyone!

Pete
It's always felt strange spending Christmas with the main family, every single time I used to spend it with my grandma, up until 2 years ago when she passed away.
She was my whole life, raised and loved me as her own.
But I'm grateful to have Porsche and Kinn drag me to the main house for Christmas Day.
But there's one slight problem this year.
Since vegas and Kinn have both lost their fathers their relationship seems to have healed.
It sounds strange but it's true.
The minor family which only includes vegas and Maccu now, they will be spending it at the main family's place.
Not that I'm not happy but ever since that drunken night I left Vegas's room the next morning and have been laying low ever since.

-
I dressed in my favourite red sweather and a pair of baggy white shorts, wanting to be comfortable I brought the blanket around my shoulders and headed down stairs.
I was still groggy from my lack of sleep, rubbing my eyes and yawning I sat next to vegas unconsciously.
I didn't have time to look at him because Maccu was staring me down with concentration.
"Your the one I saw sneaking out a week ago" he smirks pointing to me.
I cough loudly to block out what he said and feel vegas patting my back.
I turn to look at him and he has a slight smug look.
This bastard!!
"Let's eat"! I say grabbing a potato and shoving it into Vegas's mouth just as he's about to answer Maccu.
Maccu is smiling, Porsche looking confused and lately Kinn looking smug.
Lord help me survive this dinner!

Vegas
I found it adorable the way his face got red and puffy, I also want to question his escape from me.
"Did you get everything you wanted"? I sit next to him at the fire.
Everyone's gone to celebrate.
He turns to look at me with gleaming eyes.
"I have a present for you" I reach into my bag and give him it.
It was a journal .
"Porsche kept banging on about how much you wanted one but always forgot" I chuckle.
His smile is wide and his eyes happy as he clutched it to his chest.
"Than you so much" he says pecking my cheek leaving us both is shock.
I try to hide my smile.
"I have something for you too" he jumps us the blanket falling in the process, showing his tan legs.
He sprints out shouting "stay" like I'm a dog.
I do as I'm told as grab the blanket and lift it to my face to inhale his scent.
He's back with a book?
I take it.
A human philosophy book is English.
I've been collecting these since I was a child, every Christmas my father wouldn't get me anything, but my mum always got me one of these books.
I've been collecting them ever since she passed  away.
How did Pete know?
"I saw the big collection you had in your room as I was leaving, I figured it's what makes you happy " he's playing with his fingers and looking up at me .
"I love it" I say grabbing his chin and tilting his head to mine.
I press my lips softly against his, letting our lips linger I pull away and stroke his face.
"Merry Christmas Pete " I say .
I'm surprised when he presses his lips to mine.
"Merry Christmas vegas" he smiles wide.

I don't know what's happening right now, or what kind of feelings these are.
They scare me yes.
But excite me more.
Who are you under that innocent mask Pete?