CHAPTER ONE; wolf moon

| y/n's pov |

THE BELL RANG as the small convenience store's door opened yet again and another customer walked in.

It was my uncle's store. We lived across the road, so it was easy for him to manage it.

I didn't look up from the counter until a packet of chips and a can of coke were dropped into my view.

"Is that all for today-- Stiles?" I sighed once I saw the grinning boy in front of me.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here? You never come here."

"I come here."

"You've been here twice. This is the second time."

"You know, just thought I'd swing by." He shrugged, but I could tell he was itching to tell me something. He always had something to say.

"You have 15 seconds."

He took a deep breath. "Okay, my dad got a call a few minutes ago that said two joggers found half a body in the woods and they're sending a whole lot of cops and--"

"Hold on, hold on. Did you just say a body?" I asked quietly, despite the store being empty.

"Yeah, you're coming and then we're getting Scott and we're gonna look for it."

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Because I'm literally at work, dumbass." I gestured to the name badge that sat pinned to my uniform and around the small building. "And plus, my uncle will kill me if I'm not home like ten minutes after my shift ends."

"Come on." He pleaded.

"No, just take Scott. Don't get hurt. Don't die. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Fine." Stiles sighed, grabbing the chips. "See you tomorrow then."

He reached for the coke, but I stopped him.

"No." I held it tightly.

"Wha-- I paid for that!" He reasoned.

"Stiles, it's 8:30, there's no way you'll ever sleep again if you drink this now."

"Just bring it to school for me then?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, sure."

---

"OKAY, LET'S SEE this thing." Stiles said to Scott as we stood outside the school.

First day of sophomore year hadn't even started yet and apparently Scott had already gotten hurt. Though I did remember specifically saying 'don't get hurt.'

He pulled up his shirt to reveal a large piece of medical dressing with a blood stain on it. Pretty nasty looking one too.

"Ooh." Stiles made a face but reached out to touch it.