Epilogue - 2001

Dear Michella,

     I hope this note finds you in good spirits.  Because it won't share the greatest news...

    You know I love your mother deeply. And that I'd do just about anything for her.  Well, I did.  And now it's gotten me into so much trouble.  This is a very poor example of how a married man should behave but to answer your question, yes.  I was having an affair with your mother.  And the reason why she hasn't been returning your calls is because she's ran away again.  But I desperately need to find her.  You see...she's pregnant...with my child.  I know this may come as a shock to you as it was for me as well.  There's nothing careful about having an affair so I can't blame anyone but myself.  

I shouldn't ask you to get involved but you know her better than I do, especially when it comes to her disappearing acts, being that she's involved you once before.  Please, if you have any idea where she could be, please enlighten me.  I'll be home soon.  I'll be in London for only a week.  We can talk more about this when I get back to the ranch.  I love you and please please please don't tell anyone about this!  I can't have this getting back to Isabella.

Love,

Your father

Michael

7/24/2001

~*~

Read on to check out a teaser for the sequel My Captive Heart.