Prologue - 2003

"My fans often wonder of my love life and why I still have yet to find that special someone for me.  Even with a marriage under my belt and my beautiful children, I still wasn't able to grasp what they call everlasting love.

    But I believe in soulmates and I think at one point in my life I found her. I had her so close but I foolishly let her slip away. Sometimes when you meet your soulmate it's not a love at first sight kind of thing. At least it didn't happen that way with me. From the moment I met her I would've never thought in a million years I would feel so much love for her. I have no idea where she is now and when I tried reaching out to her, I got no response so I eventually just gave up and let her live her life.

     All my fans know of really is my love for Ms. Diana Ross, relationships with Tatum O'Neal, Brooke Shields and Lisa Marie Presley; and of course my strange marriage to Isabella Marquez. But I've had other relationships with wonderful women throughout my life. I just refuse to put their names out there in print because they're not celebrities and their names would mean nothing to you. Plus I value my privacy and therefore I respect theirs as well.

     I can explain this particular love story in a sweet ballad; well, honestly throughout my career I've written songs about her, but I decided to storytell it instead.

     I won't get into details about every single girl I've dated but I will tell the story of this particular one, my potential soulmate. It's an interesting tale and maybe I need to look back and reflect to fully move on.

     I will not use real names for her protection and privacy.

     This is not an autobiography or a sequel to Moonwalk. Actually, most of this happened before I wrote that book and while I was writing it. There were many times when she was even right there sitting next to me while I was writing for it.

    I hope she reads this just so she knows how much I appreciate everything she's done for me and how I still and will always love her.

     This is me opening up to my fans and me reaching out to her."