Part 12 (Final)

Sonic ran into the crumbling lab. "No...where is she?!" Sonic hissed. "Why'd you make me do that?!" His sanity had stopped responding. Sonics red dagger eyes scanned the room. The blood underneath his eyes poured out like a waterfall. He wasn't crying ,though, he was just stressed.

"Calm down...okay, try to smell her." He took in a deep inhale and smelled her purity. It was light, but he could smell it. He smiled wickedly. The feelings he had just had came flooding back. His eyes dilated as his urge to find his goddess increased.

***

Amy had heard the walls fall and was happy she was now in the small cellar. There wasn't much room, but it would help get Sonic into the device.

The device was a large chamber that took up 75% of the cellar. It was gray and looked very technical.

Amy had to get Sonic to run into it and then she's have to close the door. He wouldn't be able to spin dash out or open it. He'd be trapped. Amy was scared now. She could hear him calling out her name. Soon he'd find her.

She scanned the instructions for what to do.

She went and hid behind the chamber. There were many buttons on the chamber from there. Amy could hear a Sonic trying to get into the cellar now. It wouldn't be too long.

She had to turn it invisible and Sonic would run into it, trying to get to her. Next, she'll lock the doors down and send a gas into the chamber. It's like a poison for his insanity. It will kill it...or at least shrink it enough for Sonic to be himself again.

"AMY!!! I CAN SMELL YOU!!!"

Sonic had started to rip open the cellar door. Amy quickly took position and turned the chamber invisible.

BANG

Everything was smoke for the longest time. All Amy could see was Sonics red eyes. All she could hear was his demonic breathing. Then, the smoke cleared. She saw him starring straight at her while inside the chamber. He was growling and had blood coated all over his fur. It looked like he had dug through Eggman to get to the cellar.

Amy quickly hit a big green button and it turned visible and the doors closed. Sonic looked frightened, furious, and confused.

"Amy! Let me out! We can go home! I promise I won't hurt you!"

Amy shook her head as tears welding up in her eyes. Her Sonic was going to be back soon. She couldn't wait. She hurriedly pressed the gas button and Sonic tried to hold his breath.

His face was turning red as he stared at her and banged on the walls of the chamber.

"Don't worry Sonic...it'll be over soon. Just breath." Amy begged. Sonic shook his head. "I know you're in there. Please, it'll only hurt a little." Sonic shook his head again as he stared to cry blood. "I...won't...be...stopped." He said slowly do he wouldn't breath in. But he'd need air soon. Sonic couldn't hold his breath for long. He never could. That's another reason he hated swimming.

Amy stared at Sonic until he fell to the ground gasping. The air was suffocating the demon inside of him. It would all be over soon.

***
(1 hour later)

Sonic still laid motionless on the chamber floor. The blood from underneath his eyes were gone. His fur was back to its royal blue color. Amy couldn't open the chamber until Sonic woke up and she could see his eyes.

Amy wanted her friends now. She felt so alone, so scared now. How would they fix this destruction? Was it all crumbling away outside? Amy wanted to know, but she just couldn't leave.

She leaned against the outside wall of the chamber. She had turned it invisible again so she could watch Sonic.

"Amy... *cough* Amy? *cough*"

Amy's eyes flew open as she turned to see Sonics emerald green eyes. She opened the door and ran into the chamber with Sonic.

"Oh Sonic!" Amy cried. Sonic started to cry with her. "I'm so sorry Ames...I-I didn't mean to..." Their crying turned to sobs that turned to loud, compulsive, uncontrollable sobs and hicks.

"I did...all that? I-I killed everyone. Our friends... How are we going to get it back to normal?"

His emerald eyes met her jade green eyes and he broke down to sobs again. Amy stroked his quills to help soothe him. "I don't know Sonic. We-we'll find out, though. We'll fix everything I promise."

Amy took Sonic outside. The sun was shining a bright yellow, and all the blood from the sea was gone. Now it was just mud. The fog was gone around the lab as well. Sonic didn't see any joy though. His attention was on the castle that was slowly vaporizing.

"Do you think...Tails and the others are...happy?" Sonic asked Amy.

Amy nodded. "In a few moments...I think it's all going to go back to normal. Look!" Amy said and pointed to the lab.

The wall was already repaired. Everything that Sonics insanity had done, killed, or created was disappearing.

"Do you think that means our friends, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot are coming back too?" Sonic asked as he looked back at the shore. Their houses were appearing and he swore he could see an outline of Tails and his plane.

Amy and Sonic both were crying again. The nightmare was over. They'd remember everything. But they knew they couldn't tell the others. There would be times they'd need each other for comfort. Because it would be too much. But it was all over.

Sonic turned to Amy. "Amy...we can't go back until I say this." Amy stared at Sonic and waited for him to continue. "I'm sorry for all I did to you. I never wanted to do those things. I promise I'll never hurt you like that. I love you Ames. I always will. In all my forms and personalities."

Amy smiled at Sonics words. She leaned over and kissed his head. "I love you too." They looked out to the shore as Tails' plane took off towards them.

THE END