Part 1

Flashback...
Sonic held Amy's limp body in his shaky hands. His eyes dilated as he struggled to catch his breath. His eyes never left her face. Blood was everywhere. He could feel it seeping through his gloves. It scared him.

Was she dead? How could he allow this to happen? He was the protector, the leader, the hero. He was supposed to keep his friends alive. He hadn't heard the battle that was still raging behind him. All he could focus on was Amy.

Her face had blood on it and her dress was ripped. Sonic shakily brought her closer to himself. He was so close he could feel her heart still beating. His was racing with hers. He paused when he heard a small voice. "Amy? Don't worry...I-I won't let this happen again!" Sonic cried out. He did the only other thing he thought would help. He let his insanity take over him. The last and first things he heard were Amy's voice.

"Sonic..."

"Sonic..."

End Flashback

Present day: 2 days later: Sonics new kingdom

Sonic stared down at Amy's bed where she rested peacefully. He rarely left her side at all. It just felt right to be beside such a pure soul. To be beside such a beautiful woman. He slowly reached out to touch her when his other hand stopped him.

'Let her sleep... She'll be awake soon.' A voice whispered to him.

Sonic gulped as tears formed in his eyes. "Lord...Please let-" 'Stop! don't you dare say his name! I am the only-'. "You're godlike...not the real God. You can't even take over me completely." Sonic spat at his inner self.

'You may be right, but I can control them. I'm the only one that seems to care enough about all their safety. I'm a friend, Sonic. I wouldn't hurt her.'

The voice was slightly hypnotic and made Sonic want to believe it. "But-"
A strong force pushed Sonic to a mirror. It revealed his reflection. Then one half of his body became almost a demonic figure for a second. Just a second.

'Now, you're right that I can't take you over completely, but aren't you happy with what we've built? This kingdom will keep her safe. All of them will be safe, for eternity.'

Then the figure came back and in the reflection put his hand on Sonics shoulder. Sonic shivered as he felt it's presence, but could only see it in the mirror.

"I-I don't know anymore. Is this really...safe? Amy still hasn't woken up." Sonic said and looked back to see Amy's beautiful sleeping face.

'She's recovering, Sonic. Just relax and let her sleep.'

"But-"

The figure pulled out a powder and poured some on top of Sonic. Sonics once green eyes turned into a hypnotic purple. 'Come with me, let the dear rest. I'm sure she's bored with your presence. Let's go talk about safer things to help our kingdom.' Sonic simply nodded and walked out of the room.

The figure stayed in the reflection and stared at Amy from the mirror. Her beauty made it sick, but it enjoyed it. 'Oh yes, I'd never hurt a future queen.' It smiled. 'Such a delicate rose, aren't we?' It smiled wider and disappeared from the mirror.

2 hours later...

Amy set up and rubbed her head. She could feel stitches around her ear and a long scar across her left eye. She moaned as she felt a wound that hadn't quite healed and needed a new bandage.

"Where am I?" She asked herself.

She looked around the room. Everything looked like a royal or satin red. There was gold and dark wood as well. It looked like a room where royalty would sleep. Like a goddess or queens room.