Chapter 14

"Okay, so it says here that Wendy was given to her birth parents," Lloyd mumbled as they drove back to the monastery.

"Didn't the custody file say that those two were divorced?" Nya asked.

"And unsuitable guardians?" Cole added.

"People can often get divorced and then in a relationship again," Zane offered from the driver's seat, "And maybe they improved enough to take her back?" Looking into the rear view mirror, the nindroid could see Earth and Water's 'are you serious?' faces and chuckled. "Okay, but why would they get her back if they weren't suited to take care of her?"

Jay plucked the paper from Lloyd's hand. "I think their slogan could explain it." All but Zane glanced at the outstretched paper.

"'Every parent deserves their child'? What kind of mindset do these people have?" Lloyd asked.

Cole sighed, "No idea, but I don't think that place should have been running at all." Pixal nodded.

"I agree, not all parents should have custody of their children. Really the main idea should have been 'Every child deserves a parent'."

"We're back." Zane pulled in front of the monastery. Before the engine was even turned off, Cole and Nya were hurling themselves out of the van and towards the door, pulling the files - and the poor blue ninja still holding onto the papers - with them.

"Ack!" Jay squealed as he was thrown around by his impatient teammates. The other watched from inside the van while the two realised they didn't have the keys to the door (and that Jay was under threat of getting whiplash from the momentum).

------------------------------

"Aha! I found an address!" Kai jabbed his finger at a sheet, looking up at the others.

"That's not that far away," Zane noted, looking over his brother's shoulder. Cole's head shot up from where he was sitting.

"Really?" Zane let out a small smile.

"Indeed, the address is only a couple blocks away from here." Nya butted in this time.

"We need to go there, now!" Cole nodded in agreement.

"Now hold on, we can't just waltz into a person's house without a reason, especially if they're a suspected criminal," Jay said.

"That is exactly why we can just waltz into a person's house."

"Sorry guys but we'll need to form a plan first." Cole opened his mouth to protest but Lloyd continued speaking. "No, you've already been hurt by these people, I don't wanna risk yours or any of the teams' safety." Lloyd's eye's started glistening at the memory and Cole's expression shifted to a sympathetic one.

"Alright, if it bothers you that much, we won't go until we have a plan." Nya nodded and Lloyd smiled a little at the two elementals.

"Thanks."

------------------------------

TW: mentions of abuse and slight blood

She sat there, watching her 'parents' argue with each other, again. They were so loud; it hurt her ears.

Cole wasn't loud, neither was Vania, or Nya, or any of the nice people she stayed with. When could she go back; she didn't like it here.

Blood ebbed from the fresh cut across her right eye. It stung a little, when were they gonna clean it up, like Cole did?

The Mean Lady had been poking at a box and gave it to her; that's how her eye started hurting. It had made a loud bang and hit her face. She had screamed, the Mean Lady just laughed.

She didn't like the Mean Lady; or the Grumpy Man. He always stank of his bottles; and the Mean Lady liked to put the bottles in her boxes.

She liked Cole, when was she gonna see him again? She missed Cole. Cole is my parent, she had decided. Cole was nice, and gave her big hugs, and-

The Mean Lady pushed the Grumpy Man. He didn't like that. She scooted further away from them, and hit a stinky stack of bottles.

"Look they're gonna come and find us anyway, especially after what you did to the big one. Plus, I just got a call from Phil, they've shut down the agency." His brows were creased and his nostrils flared. "We destroy the house once they're inside, then we leave Ninjago forever."

"Whatever, but what are we gonna do about her?" The Mean Lady jabbed a finger at her, and she jumped. "Why did we even take her back anyway?" She whimpered, tears mixing with the crimson liquid streaming down her face.

"She's the bait."

Wendy ran into her room, wailing.

------------------------------

Hi, sorry this chapter was a little shorter. Hope you enjoy it all the same, and I really enjoyed reading what you thought about my story so far! New Year was quite busy for me, but chapter 15 should be out soon. Thanks for the support, until next chapter, bye!

------------------------------