Chapter 6

Kai still had some doubts as he filled out the report, but he convinced himself that it was for the best. For Lilly and his team. Lilly needed to be with her parents, and the ninja needed to focus on saving Ninjago. Lilly was just a distraction in Kai's eyes. The people at the desk thanked him once he was finished and he left for the monastery. He knew little of the danger he had sent Lilly's way.

{In the monastery}

Everyone was in the game room again, including Wu and Misako. Wu was reading to Lilly, who was curled up in Misako's lap. The teens, queen and nindroids were having a Just Dance competition. They wanted to do it in pairs but, seeing as Kai was still out, they had to do it as singular challenges. Just like everyone had guessed, Cole wasn't doing so good but Jay was flying past everyone. Just then, the front door opened and Kai yelled, "I'M BACK!" Lloyd swung his head around the door frame and yelled back:

"Come on Kai we wanted to do a Just dance: pair edition, you need to get in here!" The red ninja sighed before heading into the game room. After they selected the pairs (Jay and Nya, Cole and Vania, Lloyd and Kai, Zane and Pixal), they begun the tournament. Nya and Jay quickly took first place, with -much to everyone's surprise- Cole and Vania on their tails in second. Third and fourth would frequently change every other round. Slowly, the day crept away as the teens competed. As the tournament was coming to an end, Zane, Pixal, Lloyd and Kai had given up. Cole and Vania were tied with Jay and Nya. It seemed like it would end like this too, until an extremely complicated dance combination came onto the screen. Jay and Nya knew they wouldn't be able to do it, and backed down. But Cole, remembering some dancing tips his father gave him years ago, grabbed Vania's waist and attempted the dance with her. They somehow, out of sheer luck, completed it, Cole spun her around, and the two kept in sync with the figures on the the TV. The song ended with Cole dipping Vania down, a smirk on his face.

"Okay Cole, you and Vania win," Nya grumbled as Cole raised the bewildered queen of Shintaro back to her feet. She was blushing a lot, but everyone dismissed it as the blood running to her head when she was dipped down. Only Jay, Cole, herself and Kai knew the real reason why she had become so flustered. Lilly continued watching, still in awe at what she had seen.

"Alright, ninja, off to your rooms." Misako instructed as she straightened up. "Come on Lilly, lets go." The girl jumped off the seat and ran to her room, with Misako following behind. When everyone had left, Cole turned to Vania.

"Goodnight, Vania," He said, giving her a peck on the cheek. She smiled.

"Night, Cole," She responded. The two then entered their respective rooms. Soon, the whole monastery was asleep.