Chapter 5

The next morning, the ninja were sitting in the game room along with Vania and Pixal. Kai, Lloyd and Jay were playing a new game they had bought, the girls were talking amongst themselves and Zane was reading a book. On the floor, Lilly sat in between Cole's legs, transfixed by what was on the TV. Cole was absentmindedly playing with her hair with a vacant expression on his face as he stared into nothing. He didn't even notice that the tension between the gamers had increased until Kai yelled out of anger: "I CAN'T DO THIS!" and threw down his controller. This action caused the black ninja to yelp in fear and everyone else to jump slightly. Nya rose to her feet.

"Kai can you not scream, please? You almost gave Cole a heart attack," She scolded, "Also, don't throw  the controllers; we spent a lot of money on those." Kai grumbled and Nya left the room. Jay noticed Kai's rising frustration towards the game and grew nervous. He also looked down and noted that Cole was trying to steady his breathing, a hand placed on his chest. The lightning master thought for a second.

"Maybe we should leave the game for now and return to it later?" He suggested, "We don't want Kai to destroy the console and Cole to die of heart failure." Kai glared at him, then left the monastery, saying he was going to Ninjago city for a little while. Pixal also left to do a bit of tinkering on the team's vehicles and machines. Zane joined her, and Vania went to find Nya. Lloyd switched of the game and went out to train, leaving only Lilly, Cole and Jay in the room. After finally managing to get his breathing to an ok state, Cole got up, taking Lilly up with him. She giggled.

"Put me down Cole." He obliged and she raced off to her room. Jay looked at Cole. He noticed that his friend had a distant look on his face.

"You ok?" Jay asked, a concerned look on his face. This shook Cole out of whatever trance he was in.

"Yeah I'm fine Jay, just thinking about something me and Vania were talking about last night," He responded. Jay smiled, satisfied. He didn't ask Cole what they were talking about, because he respected their privacy. If they wanted to tell him, they would. Just like their secret dating situation. And the other two secrets Cole had entrusted him with. He waved goodbye to Cole and went into his room to fix up some broken robots he was working on.

{With Kai}

Jumping off of his elemental dragon, Kai quickly made his way through the city. He swerved passed the people walking in the streets, never bumping into any of them, despite the fact the city was overflowing with citizens. It didn't take him very long to reach his destination: the police station. He walked in, where he was greeted by the person at the front desk. "Hello, Mr. Smith, what brings you here?" The cheery man asked. A women with a mountain of papers in her hands appeared from under the desk, clearly sorting out files and documents that were mixed up in the draws. She smiled at the red ninja and continued working. Kai turned his attention back to the man.

"Hello, I was wondering if I could file something down?" Kai said.

"Of course! What sort of file do you need?" The lady looked up, worried she would have to sort out another mountain of papers. She had somehow gained a few paper cuts on her fingers already. Kai hesitated. Should he really do this? To Cole? To Nya? And, especially, to Lilly? He took a deep breath. No, she was the reason Cole was thinking of leaving the team. Kai couldn't risk losing his teammate. 

He looked up and, with a neutral expression, stated:

"An abandoned child report please. Me and the ninja would like to locate a girl's parents."