Part 3

Story Time: Cat & Johnny
Part 3
Completely original by Briaa Marie

This night has been one of the longest nights of my life. Matter of fact, it's not even night anymore, it's morning. I go sit on my couch in my living room with my pistol. April and Troy join me. I squint my eyes and look at them, so what was y'all doing? Screwing? They both laugh, and I know that means yes. My phone vibrates. It's Johnny.
"Cat, I know you are probably think I'm a clown right about now, but I'm not. I'm just in a messed up situation I have been trying to get out of for years. I am a stand up guy! Her uncle has pull in the city and he is always getting her out of the wrong shit. I want you to get to know the real me. When you go get your restraining order I am going to go get one too. I've been nice to her long enough for my child, but I'm tired of this controlling me. I sound like a punk right now, and then you saw me get beat up by my baby mother. I couldn't hit her though I'm trying to walk the straight and narrow. I can't get locked up. Let me make it up tomorrow? Dinner?"
I read the message and don't reply. I am exhausted. Too exhausted to even think right now, and before I know it I have drifted off to sleep.
The next day I don't wake up until 2:00PM. I shower get dressed and throw my hair in a ponytail so that I can look presentable at this courthouse. This restraining order is a must. I look at my phone, and finally reply to Johnny.
No thank you to dinner. You definitely should handle your business, and I wish you the best!
I know he isn't going to like my response but I definitely do not care at this point. I am out the door headed to the court house before they close at 5:00. When I get there I go straight to the window show the woman I made a police report and I tell her what happened she gives me some paperwork to fill out. I sit down with my pen and clipboard and give her as much information as I have and turn it back in. She tells me that the judge will look at it now and make a decision on granting it.
While I'm waiting I take out my phone. Johnny replied, "I respect that."
I should put a restraining order on him too. But something is telling me he really is innocent in this fiasco with his baby mother.
The judge grants the order. We have to return for court in 10 days, and I am headed home to get some much needed sleep. When I pull up, Johnny is at my door with a big bouquet of flowers. I don't get it! I mean I like flowers don't get me wrong, but not if they come with a crazy ass baby mom, and a man who has no say so. I can't stand a "do it for the kids" ass person because kids will not be kids forever.
I get out of my car and walk up to him. The first words out of his mouth are "Cat I know you probably don't want to see me right now, but let me be a man and apologize to you to your face. I should've told you about Leah, but I was trying to get you to like me for me first. This is not how I planned it but I hope you can accept these flowers and my apology and we can move past this. He has a rectangle box. He opens it, and there's a necklace inside. "Let's start over give me a chance." He says. I feel foolish for even considering it, but this man so damn fine and he is sincerely apologizing. I can't lie, I am turned on at his persistence, but it also haven't had sex in months, this has aroused me. I take the flowers but leave the necklace in his hands. No thank you, Johnny. I accept your apology but this is just too much for me I have a lot going on right now.
Johnny drops his head, I understand that Cat, trust me I do but I can show you different I really can. Just think about it please.
I'll think about it. I say while unlocking my door. See you around Johnny. He just smiles and walks up to me. "I went and got a restraining order this morning. I went to the ER, so I could have documentation of my injuries when she hit me. I sound like a damn fool, but I am trying to get this shit straight Cat. Not just for me, for us what could be us. I hope you let it happen." I turn to look at Johnny. My legs get so weak. Whatever it is he has it without even touching me. Before I know it we are kissing on my doorstep. His arms are wrapped around me holding me so gently. I am melting in this man's arms. We kiss for every bit of 5 minutes and I enjoy every minute. When we stop kissing, we look into each other's eyes.
"I am sincerely sorry Cat, and I want to be this for you." I can't speak. He kisses my lips and pushes my door open. "I'm going to go now."
Everything in me wants to pull his hand and lead him to my bedroom, but I shake back. "Have a nice evening Johnny." He smiles. "It can't be any nicer baby." He's so smooth, so handsome, so fine, so... still has a crazy ass baby mother. Johnny kisses my hand and heads for his truck. I go inside and close the door behind me and I lock it. I go to the kitchen and pour a full glass of wine. I go straight for my bed. This has been so tiring and unnecessary if you ask me. I pull out my phone and begin to scroll on social media.
I'm so exhausted, I fall asleep. When I wake up it's 10:00 at night. I've literally slept the night away.
I look at my phone Johnny has called me once. My step mom called me, and the rest are spam risk calls. I haven't heard from April since her and Troy left earlier. I give her a call. Troy answers, "Everything good?" I burst into laughter because Troy is always on go. "Yes I'm good everything is good." I text Johnny. "Hey wassup?" and I roll over and turn on my tv. Johnny texts right back "Hey baby. Just thinking of you." I roll my eyes "What are you thinking?" I respond. My phone rings. "I'm thinking about how I would much rather be holding you than texting you. I got some business to take care of over your way, and I could stop back by." At this point I'm like fuck it. "Okay, that's cool." Johnny seems shocked. "Okay, I will call you when I'm outside." We hang up.
I call my stepmom back. Her voicemail comes on, "I can't get to the phone right now, but leave a message and I will return your call."
"Hey! It's Cat you called me I was sleeping. Call me tomorrow. Love you." I hang up.
I'm getting into the shower questioning myself on whether or not I should let Johnny have some. I mean I am horny, but I have self control. I keep thinking what if Quesha crazy ass pop back up at my house. I get out of the shower dry off and wrap the towel around me. I grab some cocoa butter and rub my body down. I text April and Troy in a group message. "I'm about to have company. Yes it is, before you ask. You only live once right? I'll let you know if anything pops off."
After about 30 minutes, the doorbell rings, and I know it's Johnny. I slide into something cute, and go to unlock the door. When I look out the peephole I see him with his hat turned to the back. He has a dozen roses in his hand. I open the door. "Hey Johnny. Your security didn't follow you here did they?" He laughs "No it's just me and the flowers baby."
He closes the door behind him and locks it, and he pulls out a pistol and says "Just in case some shit pop off." I smile and ask him does he think I don't have a pistol? He says "I'm glad you do. I drove a rental here, so we good." Of course I roll my eyes because at this point she has a tracking device on you.
I turn on the tv, and we both sit down on the couch. I offer him a glass of wine, and he politely declines. I've never had wine before. I laugh until I see the serious look on his face. I ask him, Why have you never had wine? And he looks at me with a blank stare and says that's a lady drink isn't it. We both laugh. "That's definitely not true, taste it. I put the glass to his lips and he drinks some of the wine and after he swallows it he smiles. "Yeah I know it's good." He looks at me and says "but I bet you taste better." I don't reply. I just keep watching the tv.
So, Johnny there's a few things that keep replaying in my mind. One, why did Leah say I must submit? And two, what is your motive with me? He clears his throat and sits up on the couch.
"When she said submit. She was basically going to try and blackmail you. She use to want to have threesomes, so eventually we tried it. She picked the girl and after it happened the girl was interested in me. I never entertained it, but Leah is jealous and she never let it die. She took my phone one day while I was showering and texted the girl pretending to be me. She told her to come over to my house. She fell for it. When she showed up I was blowed like what's going on? Leah looked at me and laughed and said since she likes you so much, let's see! I asked her what she meant, and she said both of you kiss each other and she pulled out her phone. Then I caught on to what she was doing. The girl had a boyfriend. Leah wanted to blackmail her but I wasn't having it. I didn't kiss her I told her to leave! I apologized to the girl, her name was Dana and that's when Leah lost it she jumped on her. She was pulling Dana's hair screaming and swinging. I was able to get her off on Dana and that's when she and I began to fight. She busted my lip so I choked her. I was wrong, but she's so crazy. I had to get her off me. That night she called the police, well she called her uncle. He came and told me if I didn't comply with it I would be arrested. I had warrants so I really couldn't do shit. I was stuck I had to comply. I don't want to go into too much detail but a lot of shit happened that I will never forget or forgive Leah for. After that I never looked at her the same. I haven't touched her, nothing. And that's how we got here in this crazy ass situation. She wants control over me, and she doesn't want to see me happy or with anyone else. Honestly Cat I've been trying to live better and do better. So much shit has been going wrong and it's because of Leah and her shenanigans. I wanted to be nice, and do what I thought was the right thing for my child.. it's not working and I do not think it will ever work. I don't think we can ever successfully coparent. I have to make this move though. The restraining order and moving on with my life. I have to. And I know this is a lot for you to be listening to, but I haven't said it out loud. You asked me for the truth. There it is."
He looked up at me with the most pitiful eyes, and a tear fell.
I hugged him. "Johnny, I am glad you were man enough to be open with me about the situation. That is a lot to carry around daily. Honestly I hope it works out for you with your child. I hope she can catch a grip and let you be, so that you can do what you need to do for your child."
He looks at me and says "Me too." and kisses me so gently. I place my hand on his hand and we start to watch a movie.
This feeling I'm feeling is weird, different, but weird.
Johnny Mills maybe Mr. Right just at the wrong time.