chapter 8

Marinette sat at the kitchen table....just thinking about what happened the day before yesterday. She was still confused.

Adrien saw and came and sat down with her. "Hey babe, you ok?", He said, snapping Marinette out of her trance.

"Yeah I'm fine", she said. "Really? Baby can I ask you a question?", He asked.

Mary nodded, "and can you answer it honestly?", He asked while directly looking into her eyes. She gulped, and nodded.

"Sure", she said nervously. "Ok whats wrong?", He asked in a worried tone. "I-i nothing's wrong", Marinette stuttered.

"Really? So why are you stuttering?", He asked in a stern tone. Marinette got scared, "n-no reason", she said in a frightened tone.

"Marinette come on, I'm your husband you can trust me", he said as he took her hand in his. She looked at him in shock.

"Adrien why did you shoot that man?", She asked quickly. Adrien was shocked. He knew she saw something but not that. His eyes widened.

"I-i you saw that?", He asked while stuttering. She nodded.

"Why?", She asked slowly. "Marinette listen to me, there are some bad men out there coming to hurt you", he said. "Why? What did I do to to them?", She asked in disbelief.

"They are coming to hurt you, so they can hurt me", Adrien said. "And the man I killed was one of them, and he also stole some money from me", he added.

"So your not an accountant?", Mary asked in shock. "No, I'm a gangsta", he said. Marinette's whole world crumbled. She was living a lie and her husband had been lying to her the whole time they were together.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?", She asked in a sad tone. "Because I wanted to protect you, and I was afraid you would leave me if you found who I really was", he said while looking down.

"I'll never leave Adrien, I'm glad you told me the truth", she said as she leaned towards him and gave him a hug. He hugged her back tightly.

"I love you Marinette, no matter what happens I will always protect you", he said as he broke the hug. Mary smiled and kissed his softly.

She broke the kiss,"let's go to bed I'm sleepy", she said as she yawned. Adrien nodded in agreement. He lifted her up and carried her to their bedroom.

They both layed down and fell asleep while cuddling. Marinette trusted her husband again. She knew he was gonna protect her no matter what happens to him.

She was his first priority and she knew that. She loved him very much and she wanted to stay with him forever even tho he had killed that man.

Even when she didn't understand she still wanted to stay with him. The question is......what's gonna happen now?