𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 21: 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒔

-Time Skip-

Naruto sat upon the newly restored Hokage Monument and gazed out over the village. After Naruto's rampage the Sound shinobi had fled Konoha and the former residents were able to practically waltz right in. Due to the shockwave from his transformation Konoha was rebuilt inside of the crater said shockwave had formed. That day was 6 long months ago. During that time Tenzou was presumed dead and Konoha was rebuilt thanks to Yamato and Mikasu's efforts. Naruto was just starting to learn the sub elementals so he still had trouble using Mokuton among other things. He was just lucky that the Eternal Mangekyou Rinnegan was able to mix the chakra types into the sub types otherwise he would've killed himself along time ago from trying to force the chakra types to mix.

The blonde sighed as he thought about all of the troubles still plaguing the world. Madara was still alive somewhere out there and Jinchuuriki were beginning to disappear. So far Naruto had managed to resume his mission and finished collecting samples of each bijuu's chakra about 2 months ago. The thought of what he still had to do was mind numbingly stupid but he had to. There was no other way. Ever since Naruto used the Rinne Tensei he heard strange rumors coming from the Sound talking about how Orochimaru's experiments and projects were restarted by a new mad scientist. The rumors were treated like that: rumors. Naruto wanted to investigate given the history between Team 7 and that snake but Tsunade couldn't spare anyone due to the reconstruction of Konoha.

Now with Konoha rebuilt Naruto felt the urge to investigate subside. He was finally able to spend time with his family and was actually beginning to dread the day missions would be coming back to the normal amount. He didn't want this to end. He was able to be the father he never had and it felt good.

"Naruto." He turned his head and flashed a toothy grin at his now fiancee. He had proposed to her at that very spot on the Fourth Hokage's head several weeks ago. She held little Minato in her arms and the boy flashed a near toothless grin back at his dad. The boy had his father's legendary smile and had, of all things, a well developed and quite massive chakra network already. Tsunade predicted that the boy would surpass his father's chakra capacity (without his bijuu) by 16 years old. That would always bring a massive smile to the blonde's face. His son was only 8 months old and already had the potential to be a legend. However Minato had a strange ability with his eyes: they were able to change color. Normally they were an ocean blue but when he got very angry his eyes would take on fox like characteristics like the pupils became slits. What worried Naruto was that his eyes would also turn red like when Naruto would fall under the Kyuubi's influence. Many times though if the child was happy his eyes would remain as the glowing sapphire blue they naturally were.

"Hey you made it!" He embraced Sakura before kissing his son on the top of his head. The blonde haired infant giggled and gave them an amazing smile with a heart melting laugh. Even without teeth that smile was definitely a Naruto smile. He was happy that Sakura was able to escape from Ino with the child still with her. Ino had become like a second mother for the young blonde and definitely gave Tsunade a run for her money in the spoiling department. Between Ino and Tsunade Sakura and Naruto were suprised the boy didn't explode from candy and sweets. He had definitely become a chubby little baby that much was easy to see but his metabolism was high enough to keep the boy in a good weight range just by sleeping.

"Of course I made it! We've been planning this get together forever now. Ino, Shikamaru, Sai, Sasuke, Hinata, and the others will arrive soon. So lets get everything set up." Sakura set Minato down and together with Naruto they began to spread out the blanket for the long awaited picnic.

-Hiruzen Memorial Park, Center of Konoha-

The park was alive with activity like always. Children were running about playing shinobi while parents laughed with eachother and shared stories. Couples lounged about in the grass while a few people had picnics set up. An artist was painting the memorial statue for Hiruzen Sarutobi while several older children sat against the base of the statue and talked. Nagato sat in the shadows of a tree while awaiting word of Itachi's status. When Naruto used the Rinne Tensei he brought back many people without even meaning to. Itachi was one of those resurrected although he was still in really bad condition. Orochimaru had done an experiment on his body that was affecting his healing and recovery. He had been a patient in Konoha's hospital for the entire time after it was rebuilt.

Nagato could still feel a dark and ominous presence filling this seemingly peaceful area. It was as if the feelings leaked from the ground and air. However it was only in this part of Konoha. He remembered the "solution" to the Tenzou problem and still shook his head. Although there was no way he survived this long it was still better to confirm the death of an enemy that strong.

Deep underground two golden eyes opened and a smile formed in the darkness.

"Shoulda made sure I was dead."

The picnic had turned into a party which Kiba decided to move to his place so they could use his fire pit. Minato was fast asleep considering it was midnight but the group was still awake although they were now sitting in a circle around the fire. Naruto sat with his back against a tree and Sakura sat in his lap while holding little Minato. Naruto gently rocked her ever so slightly to help relax both her and his son. Sasuke had shown up later after returning from his brother's room in the hospital. Sasuke had gotten off on a reduced punishment due to his recent actions. Instead of imprisonment he was stripped of his shinobi rank for one year and confined to the village for 1 1/2 years.

"So Shikamaru you and Temari huh?" Kiba nudged the shadow user who just nodded. Naruto felt like he was being stabbed as guilt shot through him. Ever since Choji's death Shikamaru never really was the same again. Although him and Temari were finally officially dating much to Gaara's displeasure. He didn't have anything against Shikamaru. He did have something against anyone even remotely interested in his sister though.

"Yeah Temari, the troublesome woman she is, finally convinced me." Shikamaru sighed and fell to hi back so he could stare into the cloudless night sky.

Suddenly the park erupted in a ball of fire. Flaming chunks of earth rained down everywhere, ome large enough to crush houses, and fires began to erupt around the city.

"What the-"

Minato's cry cut Naruto off as he felt Sakura get pulled off of him. He turned his head and found his eyes staring straight into golden ripples.

Then it happened.