𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝑰𝑰

'I can't believe I failed him so soon. Ha I couldn't even protect myself let alone the one who killed me.' A pair of hands grabbed hold of Sasuke's arms and he was sure he was about to be pulled from what was left of his earthly body. The hands began to shake him gently at first but then more urgently when the ground trembled. Finally he felt a stinging in his cheek and heard a loud voice yell at him.

"Sasuke wake the fuck up!"

The slap had been enough but the voice finally made him force his eyes open. He was met by the view of purple rippled eyes and red hair while the white haired man retrieved his scythe.

"Wha- how did I survive?!" Sasuke looked at his beat up body but was amazed nonetheless by finding everything where it should be. He finally sat up and noticed his saviors were Nagato and Hidan. However their attention had long turned from him to the 8 tails violently smashing the ground and more specifically trying to smash someone on the ground. Sasuke's brain was still trying to processes that he was alive when the realization of what he seen hit him. 8 tails. One more meant 9. 9 tails meant the strongest of the nine bijuu was free once again at the cost of his friend's life. Naruto's life.

The Uchiha rolled onto his stomach and began to stand on still weak legs. Another impact from the tails shook the ground causing Sasuke to lose his balance and fall to one knee. His body was already beat up and he was about ready to give in to the darkness that blurred his vision when he heard himself speaking.

'I promise...'

The promise he made to Naruto and Sakura. How could he forget? Suddenly his legs found their strength again as his resolve solidified. He took several steps at a walk to see if his strength had actually returned before he began an all out sprint towards the rampaging beast with the intent to follow through on his promise.

'I won't fail now!'

Tenzou leaped out of the way of yet another tail trying to crush him. It was starting to get repetitive and Tenzou knew that if this pattern continued then the fox would win due to stamina with no competition. He needed to time it just right otherwise he would be crushed. The tail began its desent which began Tenzou's count down.

"5"

He leapt over another swipe from a claw.

"4"

Tenzou found himself rolling forward out of another tail's reach.

"3"

He began to bend his knees for what was to come, eyes still locked on the tail.

"2"

He began to jump backwards only to find himself on his back from tripping on a piece of a former house of all things. 'Shit!'

"1"

Time to improvise.

The tail collided with the ground and the fox let out a roar of victory upon seeing no movement. The tail lifted and no one was there. The beast never gave any thought to the person after it thought he was dead and instead turned its attention to the fight raging all around it. That was until it felt a sharp pain as two black chakra chains wrapped around its throat. The chains began to drain massive amounts of chakra from the beast and the fox found itself on its knees slowly losing strength. Suddenly the sight of two Sharingan eyes belonging to an Uchiha staring right into his eye caused him to go into a rampage but not before the Uchiha completed his task.

Naruto found himself approaching the massive cage against his will. Or was it? Did he want to open it? He was so confused as his sense of responsibility clashed with the all consuming rage that filled him. He just reached the cage when a hand on his shoulder twisted him around. Feelings of confusion and happiness filled him at the sight of his rescuer. He was happy that someone stopped him yet he was confused about how that someone got there.