Chapter 4

__________

Hearing someone you jump and turn to see a brunette. Thinking to yourself how embarrassing this is he looks at you gently and sits down next to you. "What's up?"

"..." You didn't know how much you should share with a stranger, but he looked very kind. You look at him to see him looking forward, he wasn't pushing for you to speak up, maybe just maybe, "I had a friend get bullied, and I just got into high school, and the kids in my class bullied this girl. At first, I didn't want to get involved but then she reminded me of my friend. Of course when I think no one should be bullied, but when I remembered about him I got so mad. And I stood up for her, now I'm also a target but..." he stayed quiet, and it felt so safe talking to him, "I don't feel one bit bad, I'm glad to be by her side, the class was terrible, but I hurt someone today... I wanted to make her stop getting bullied, but instead, I hurt someone... I feel slightly bad about that..."

"You did the right thing." Turning to him he smiles at you, "you did the right thing for sticking up for her, and being violent isn't bad, you showed them their place, which serves them right!" He stood up and stretched even as he was slightly bending to not hit his head at the top "I'm Ben Park, what's your name!"

"Ah, I'm Y/n L/n-"

"Let's be friends!" You look at him shocked, "you are a good person."

"How can you be sure..."

"I can see it, you aren't lying... and you remind me of someone as well," he smiles even more at you, "so let's be friends Y/n!"

You couldn't explain it, but he was so comforting it's insane, you had just noticed how you told him everything and he wasn't judging you, nor was he pushing you around, he truly seemed like he wanted to help you, he was really kind. 

He extends his hand for you and you take it and he smiles at you brightly, he gave you his number and smiles. As you got down he made sure you didn't slip, he was really careful with you as you smiled at that. He went the other way to you but as you walked home you felt happy, he was so kind, this Ben guy made you feel safe even though you just met him, it was weird. 

As you walked home you see silver hair as your eyes widen, that looks like... 

When the figure turned around you saw him, it really was him, "Gray?"

His eyes went wide as he saw you, you could see he wanted to run but you quickly run up to him as you hug him. You cried once again "Gray!" His eyes widened even more and his heart tugged in pain.

He missed you so much but seeing you hurt him even more. He wanted to hold back from hugging you but he hugged you back, biting his lip he cried quietly as well while holding onto you. You could hear him whispering a sorry. 

___

You woke up and look at the calendar, it's Thursday, but it feels like it's going so fast. You spoke to Gray yesterday, he apologized and talked about his feelings with you. Mentioning how hard it was to see you after Stephen, you understood and promised to stay in contact. Ben too was a mystery, he almost didn't feel real, but he was there at the perfect time. Lily was warming up to you but also seemed dependent on you now. 

Hearing a notification you see Lily has texted. You reply to her as you her another message. Your eyes widen it was from Minjun. She wanted to meet, you ignore the message but then get another one. You mute the phone and do your routine, leaving the house and saying bye to your parents.

Meeting up halfway with Jake he smiles at you, "I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday I had some work to do!" He laughed as he smiled at you.

"Don't worry! What did you do?"

There was a slight pause but he spoke quickly "just some stuff outside school," nodding at him he smiles again, "also do you want to hang out after school?"

"Sure what are you thinking?"

"I was thinking of getting something to drink and talk more about two piece!"

You smile at him and nod your head, "sure!"

Waving at him you walk to the gate shortly and see Lily as she waves at you, "Y/n I wanted to say thank you, without you, I don't know how I'd manage..."

"Don't worry I'm here for you Lily." She blushed at that as she gave you something out of her bag, it was a plushie of Muffy, "w-wait how you know!? Aww he's so cute thanks!" You smiled at her happily as she mentioned she saw your lock screen with him, "that's really sweet!"

Walking into the room you hear mumbling as you try to sit down and hear Minjun ask you to talk to her, she seemed pretty desperate but you ignored her. Minjun quickly moved away from you when the other two came in. You felt like something was wrong and texted Minjun even if you got bad vibes.

'Don't go behind the school no matter what' was the message, you were confused but she ignored you, texting why she said how she can't tell you. Feeling weirded out you text her thank you and talk with Lily as she seemed much brighter now.

___

It was now the end of the day, and it was oddly quiet, no one tried bullying Lily. You feel someone grab you by your hair behind and drag you somewhere, you hit them in the face with the back of your head. The other two took your arms and dragged you behind the school, you thought but felt something sharp by your side as you stayed still knowing it was a knife.

Reaching the place you see a group of boys and Harin with Sooah and Minjun behind her, all smoking as Minjun's eyes widen. 

"Haaa..." Harin spoke up, "why are you being such a meanie Y/n?"

___

Waiting for you Jake got impatient. He decided to walk to your school, remembering where Timothy told him it was. Walking there he sees mostly everyone gone, people now started going to cram or next week, so there wasn't any reason for anyone to be this late. Sighing he is ready to go back until he gets a bad feeling and decides to walk around a little.

__________