Chapter 6

__________

"Haha sorry I should have knocked!" He was smiling but something didn't seem right.

"Jake?"

"Hm?"

"Are you okay? You look mad." You aren't sure if that was the emotion but you pointed it out, something about his eyes showed rage. "Also," smiling up  at him, "thank you for saving me."

His smile dropped as he walked up to your bed, sitting down on one of the chairs as he looked at the floor. You were about to speak up before he did that before you, "Y/n..." Looking at you he turns away, "it's nothing don't worry!" 

Looking at him concerned you extend your arm and put it on his shoulder, the look you had on your face made him feel warm, he couldn't explain it. "It's okay then, if you want to talk about anything I'm here, we are friends after all!"

After a short pause, he speaks up. "My brother is in this same hospital," he looked away from you again as he rested his head on his hand, "they threatened to do the same to you, at that moment I wanted to..." looking up at you, you made eye contact and saw the icy look, "kill them." He could see your mouth opening and he speaks up quickly, "but don't worry I wouldn't do that, although I would push you to explain the situation to your school. Even if you don't I'll protect you!"

You giggled at the last part, not knowing how serious he was with what he said.

"Is it okay if I meet your brother Jake?" His eyes brightened at that as he nodded his head like an excited puppy. Someone else comes through the door who you haven't seen before.

"Jake you know she should be staying in her bed."

"Yes yes, Dean... Oh right! This is my friend Dean!" Turning to you he smiles brightly as he points at you now, "this is Y/n-"

"I know, heard her name way too many times these days." He smiles at Jake as he says that.

Gasping dramatically he goes to Dean grabbing his shoulders, "oi that's not fair don't be like that!" Dean starts smiling even more.

Timothy walks inside and sweats slightly, you laugh at the scene in front of you, Jake and Dean arguing cutely and a random person joining in looking nervous. The three look at you stunned, Jake smiles again as Dean stares at you, "this is my other friend Timothy!" He holds him by the shoulder as Timothy says a hi and waves at you while smiling.

"It's nice meeting you Dean and Timothy!" Jake pouts as Timothy nods and goes towards you to speak to you for a little. 

Dean looked at Jake as Jake stared at Timothy, "Jake you good?"

"Hm? Of course I am!" 

___

The three boys left half an hour later, they seemed like a nice bunch. Jake shortly after texted you as you smiled at your phone, texting him back. After a few messages, you hear someone opening the door and you see Lily.

She looked nervous but came towards you, "was school okay-" She hugs you as she breaks down, "Lily did something happen-"

"It's because of me..." tears started running down harder as you calmed her down and try reassuring her the best you can.

Elsewhere someone is staring at the text log, waiting for a message back. Pouting his friend laughs at him. "What now?"

"She's not responding!" He pouted even more as Dean smirked.

"I didn't think you'd be like this Jake." Jake looks at Dean as he starts walking away.

"Oi, what's that meant to mean!"

After Lily stops crying she asks to go to the bathroom and you nod. After she leaves you check your phone, seeing Jake had sent you a new message. Responding back he quickly messages you back, you felt slightly shocked at the speed but didn't think much of it.

"Who are you texting?" Looking up you see Lily.

Smiling at her you speak, "I made a friend, he's the one who saved me..."

Her eyes widen at your smile as you spoke about him. "What's his name?"

"Y/n! Sorry for taking so long! Is this your friend?" Your parents go towards you as they see Lily.

"Don't worry about me I'm feeling much better! And yes this is my friend Lily!" You smile at Lily as she greets them and tells you it's best she goes now. Heading out you missed her expression, she wasn't happy.

___

It was now the next day and you felt much better, but the nurses told you to stay before leaving for one day. After one day of sleeping a lot, you felt much better. You now would walk around and it was alright, barely hurt. Jake and his friends come inside your room Jake looked really excited.

Sighing Dean looks at you, "the nurses said you can move around now, you still wanna see Kenny?"

"Kenny?"

"My brother!" He smiles even more as he walks up to you, "he also wants to meet you!" Picking you up you let out a small yell, "sorry did I startle you?"

"Ah don't worry I'm fine, just surprised me-"

"Off we go then!" Jake was excited as Timothy looked at Dean who was staring at the two in front of them. They would make a great couple, smiling at that he smiles at Timothy who nods back at him.

Being carried never felt as embarrassing. He held you carefully as he walked happily as if you weighed nothing or that there were people around. You could see the nurses smiling at the two of you and you felt like dying when you saw a kid pointing at you to her mother. Hiding your face in his neck, Jake goes red.

You couldn't see his reaction but he was nervous now. He only now noticed what was happening, he was too excited about you meeting Kenny that he didn't think about anything else. Then again, he didn't care, you just looked too cute at the moment for him. Blushing even more at that thought he starts walking even faster as he makes it to Kenny's room.

__________