Chapter 8

__________

You wake up and start dressing up, thinking about yesterday. That was unexpected. You didn't expect Gray to be like that... 

Hearing a knock on the door you flinch but say come in after a few seconds. Jake comes in and is smiling brightly. "I'll take you home!"

Smiling at him, "you don't have to, don't worry about it!"

"But your parents aren't coming to pick you up?" Looking at him for a second you shake off the feeling, you mentioned it before definitely. Trying to reassure him again he speaks up again, "what if they do something funny? Also, I don't live too far it's okay."

"Is Jake annoying you?" Dean enters through the door Jake pouts as Dean doesn't look at him and looks at you, "come on, don't be so slow." Grabbing Dean by the shoulder he whispers something to him as you smile at the two. Timothy comes in and walks past the two as you see Jake frowning. You wanted to ask something but Timothy started speaking to you as you were distracted by him, not noticing the glances they sent your way.

The three of you spoke to Kenny for a bit and started heading out you got a message from Gray, you close your phone as you look to the ground, still feeling confused. Shortly you feel an arm on your shoulder as you see Jake peeking at you, "what's up?" Whispering nothing he hums and continues walking while next to you. 

Being near your place Dean suggests going the other way as you smile at the three, waving at them while walking. Timothy and Jake return the wave as Dean looks at you walking away.

As you made it near the house you see someone, of course, it was him. Walking past Gray he grabs your hand as you wince. "Sorry."

"Gray, what brings you here?"

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday, I don't know what came over me. I promise to never do that." Nodding your head he quickly adds, "can we go visit Stephen? Next week we will be busy, and I can't bring myself to go on my own."

You hesitated but still nodded your head, Gray was acting weird, but you miss Stephen, especially after this week. Gray is smarter than to do something funny. He wanted to grab your hand as you start walking with him but he holds him back, thinking about how he needed to get stronger. 

___

The two of you had caught up on everything, and you now understood why he ignored you. You understood but that didn't make it less hurtful. You forgave him about the ignoring part, and learning about his High School was interesting. This is the Gray you missed, you miss when he was like this, and even teasing, yesterday wasn't him. 

About yesterday, "Gray why did you do... that yesterday?" 

He couldn't look at you, and continued looking straight as he sighed "...I don't know either." He couldn't explain why he did what he did. But he didn't want you getting uncomfortable, looking into your eyes he slightly smiles, "I won't ever make you uncomfortable again, and I'll consider your feelings always, Y/n."

Smiling at him you nod as he looks forward and has a neutral face again. Getting to the hospital took some time, but you definitely wanted to be here as well. Being from one hospital and going to another wasn't too pleasant, however. Asking the lady at the front she told you which room it was as the two of you made it there. 

You felt your eyes slightly tear up, but remembering Gray was here you didn't want him getting too emotional so you walk up to Stephan's body and trace his face gently, moving away any hair covering his eyes. Looking at his face made your heart hurt as you look towards Gray, "I'm gonna go outside and get some air." Nodding at you he looks at you walking away as he looks towards Stephen.

Walking outside you breathe out as you sit down near a bench. Someone already sat there but you didn't mind-

"You look miserable."

Looking at the figure you are taken aback and just stare at him, "and you are?" He didn't respond to you as he looked forward in his sunglasses. Looking down you see some pills peaking out of his jacket, "oh what are those for?" Still not looking at you, or even adjusting where the pills are placed he sighs.

"You are so loud and nosy." 

Looking at him taken aback you stand up, "I'm gonna head out now, have a good day mister." Standing up you walk back to Gray. The man was rude, but he definitely made you less upset and madder by those few words. Going back to the room you don't see Gray anywhere. Did he really leave you again? After all that? 

"I got you some tea, here." You slightly jump at the voice behind you seeing it was Gray, smiling at him you tell him a thank you. 

After spending an hour together, you notice the time and the fact you have a lot to get prepared for tomorrow. Telling him bye he says it back as he waves to you. Walking out of the hospital you walk past a group of teens, you are tripped by one of the bigger boys as they all laugh. A figure in the distance is looking at this all happening, not thinking of it much until he sees them wanting to escalate it. Smirking he starts walking in your direction.

__________