16

"Today's the day!" Mary sings, shaking Francis awake. "They'll be arriving at the house with their car and moving van. We have to help them."

Francis groans, turning over. "Mary, I'm so tired..."

"You'd rather sleep than help your half-brother be officially welcomed to England?" Mary asks, pulling the duvet off him. "Come on, Monsieur! Even Jean's in the shower."

"Five more minutes..." Francis replies, curling up into a ball to preserve heat.

Mary starts pulling at his pyjama trousers and she laughs when he pulls her onto him. "Hello, there."

He lets out a groan. "I really hate you," he mumbles, kissing her cheek before he gently pushes her onto the bed and rolls out of it completely. "Do I have to?"

"He's your brother," Mary says, getting out from the other side.

"Only half," he mutters lightly. "Give me half an hour and I'll be down."

Mary grins, clapping her hands to wake him up some more. "At least that's half an hour less than on a normal day. I'm sure your hair can survive one day."

"Now you've stepped over the line!" Francis playfully cries out before he crawls for the bathroom. "I'm too lazy to stand up."

"I can see that," Mary says, giggling. "Don't worry, I'll have your tea ready for when you come down."

"Now, that's why I love you," Francis says, giving her a smile before he heads into the bathroom.

...

"Would it kill you guys to move at a reasonable time?" Francis asks, checking his watch. "That isn't six in the morning?"

Kenna scoffs lightly, taking a box from the back of Bash's car. "Normal people are awake by this time."

"No, they're not!" Francis replies, taking the box from her and looking down at the wrtiting. "China dishes, really?"

"Courtesy of my mother," Bash tells them, stacking a box on top of another before lifting them both easily. "She thought it was a nice housewarming gift."

"We'll only use it when she comes to visit," Kenna states easily. "They're ugly. And when do people of our generation appreciate fine China?"

Mary chuckles, gesturing for Jean to help her with a box. It's not that heavy but she wants him to be involved as they carry it inside together. They leave it in the living room before shifting it into the study after Kenna decides that it would be unwise to clutter the living space for organisational reasons.

"Yes, Francis!" Kenna cries out after thirty minutes. "Put the kitchen stuff in the downstairs bathroom."

"I got lazy," Francis says, laughing when he shifts the box into the right room. "Don't kill me."

"Trust me, I'm so close to that right now," Kenna mutters lightly, starting to lug suitcases up the stairs.

Mary follows Jean back out front, both of them collecting smaller boxes from Bash and taking them into the kitchen. Mary checks the words on the boxes to double make sure that they belong in the kitchen before Kenna blows her casket off again.

"This is fun, isn't it?" She asks Jean.

Jean pulls a face. "No... But it's my good deed for the day!"

Mary chuckles, ruffling his hair. "Indeed it is."

She spots Francis yawning, checking his watch again and she goes over to him, her arms wrapping around his waist as he leans against the wall of the hallway.

"I promise that we'll spend all day tomorrow in bed," she says, kissing him.

He smiles against her lips. "That's actually boosting my morale."

She chuckles softly, pressing her lips against his before Francis deepens the kiss, her arms now winding around his neck as she draws him closer. There's something attractive in watching your partner do domestic things, she thinks lightly.

"Excuse me?" Kenna calls out, clapping her hands impatiently. "I'd like to get one hour of sleep but I can't because we need to shift everything from outside inside so can. We. Get. Moving?!"

Mary begrudgingly leaves a jumpy Francis and she turns to Kenna. "Sorry," she mumbles, blushing with a smile.

"You better be," Kenna mutters. "Less kissing, more shifting. Now, move your arses because a kid is more enthusiastic than you are!"

The couple turns to where Jean is attempting to help Bash bring a large bubble-wrapped painting inside but they all know it's really Bash's strength that is shifting the thing inside.

"Good job, Jean," Bash says, lifting the painting into his arms easily. "But I can take it from here. Why don't you get the bedroom stuff with your dad?"

Francis scowls playfully before following his son outside, Mary trailing after them. "You better pay me for this!"

"I owe you a drink then," Bash replies easily as he heads up the stairs.

Mary collects another box for the kitchen and she heads inside, placing the box on the breakfast table. She spots Kenna using the counter for support and she takes over in making them all teas and juice for Jean.

"You're almost dropping on us," Mary tells Kenna. "Take a seat. We'll handle the rest."

Kenna smiles wryly, going over to sit down heavily on a seat at the table with a sigh. "We've been driving all night and Bash needs to go back to return the moving van before taking my car back. But you know what? It feels great."

Mary beams happily. "Glad it does."

"So, how are you and Francis doing?"

"Really good."

"I could tell from the both of you making out on my wall," Kenna says lightly.

Mary snorts. "I still own half of the damn house."

"Then you better have been snogging on your part," Kenna quips.

Mary laughs and she finishes Kenna's tea, coming over to place it in front of her. "Don't worry, I calculated exactly which part I owned."

Kenna chuckles and stirs her tea slowly. "Last week..."

"Yeah...?"

"I found out I was pregnant," Kenna whispers with a small grin.

Mary gasps as tears spring to her eyes and she quickly reaches out to take one of Kenna's hands, squeezing it tightly. "Oh, my God. C-Congratulations!"

"Bash doesn't know yet," Kenna says quickly and quietly. "I want to surprise him but we've been busy with the moving and I thought we'd settle in before I did something stupidly cute to tell him or show him."

Mary giggles in excitement. "I know exactly what to do. Do you mind if we use Jean for it?"

Kenna shakes her head. "Not at all."