7

Francis, he'll be down soon, get off," Mary whispers, giggling when Francis responds to that by peppering kisses on her neck, cheeks and lips.

"I could kiss you forever," he mumbles. "Your lips - divine. Your eyes - stunning."

"Thank my mother," she says teasingly. "Get off me!"

He snorts, kissing her cheek before he watches her continue to make breakfast. "You're no fun."

"Ha!" Mary replies before her smile disappears. "When are you going to tell Olivia and your family?"

Francis pulls a face, crossing his arms as he leans against the counter. "I don't know even where to start. Meeting my brother, calling my secret long-term engagement off, you and you being your mother's daughter... I guess I should give Olivia the respect she deserves and break it off gently to her first."

"I'm sorry, I've completely messed up your life and-"

"No," Francis quickly says, coaxing her into his arms as he blindly turns the stove off. "Our happiness and Jean's is what counts."

Mary smiles and nods, stepping away from him just in time for Jean to enter and greet them with hugs. "I've made you a full English breakfast. Would you like milk, water, juice or tea with it?"

"Water, please," Jean replies, going over to the breakfast table.

Mary gives Francis a look and he chuckles, helping her bring the food over to the table. She smiles, blushing when it's all quite domestic. Her and Francis making breakfast - well, mostly her - and feeding their child - Francis's son, but she already adores him - and Mary loves it.

The thought even sticks with her as they eat, the boys discussing what they're going to do today with Bash for some bonding time between the guys. Mary doesn't mind Francis going off to build a relationship with Bash, she could do with spending time with Kenna properly.

And without tears hopefully.

"Are you not hungry?" Francis asks her, biting into his toast.

Mary looks down at her plate and lets out a soft chuckle. "My mind's with the fairies today," she says, finally digging into some baked beans on some fried egg.

Jean eyes his own egg, pulling a face. "What is this?"

Mary grabs her spoon, hitting the egg with the curved part a few times. "Egg and soldiers," she explains. "Your dad says you'd like to try new things and the yolk is runny inside the boiled white shell. Try dipping your toast slices in."

Jean does as told and takes a tentative bite before grinning. "I like it."

"I knew you would," she replies, ruffling his hair. "Boys and their love for all things army." She looks up at Francis now. "I remember your bedroom. Full of play military sets on the floor along with trains to transport them to pastures new. And by pastures new, it was under your bed."

Francis laughs, blushing when his son starts teasing him. "Alright! You guys forget I was a kid. And kids play with toys." His eyes meet Mary's own. "Thanks a lot."

"You," Mary starts, pointing her fork at him. "Are very welcome, sweetheart."

She blushes and she knows Jean's caught it but she plays it off and throws a piece of toast at Francis's way, making him gasp and look up at her. She shrugs and continues to eat, sharing a grin with Jean.

She knows he won't let her rest with the bombardment of questions she knows he will ask. But for now, she wants it to be just her and Francis. She's selfish, but everyone's told her she deserves to be selfish when it comes to love.