-Chapter 15 (Bonus): The Love Spell-

Y/N pov

I leave Jane all giddy. I had just told her that I was going to announce something at Cotillion and gave her the crown. Evie's crown. She doesn't know what exactly I'm going to do, but she agreed and took the crown to be placed on a pedestal to be revealed later on at Cotillion.

I trudge away from the fairy, grinning to myself. I'm going to do it. I'm going to announce Evie and I's relationship to the world. I'm naming her as my Lady, naming her to be my future Queen. Getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged as Jane says it. But first, I have to find Ben. I have to let him know too, I mean, He's King and all.

I make my way to the main building of Auradon Prep to find the King in his office where he's been holed up for the past few hours since arriving back. The hallways are eerily quiet for this time of day. However, it's not a surprise since it's Cotillion day. People are most likely getting ready and getting dolled up, which I'm going to be doing soon at Lonnie's room.

I knock on the office door and listen only to earn silence. Where did the King go? I open the door quietly to see an empty room and a messy desk. The room had its blinds shut, blocking the sun from entering and leaving the room in artificial light. I walk to the desk and look at the papers. All work. Requests for buildings to be built, programs to be created, people to be accepted. Everything. I felt bad for the king, but I know I'll be doing something similar sooner or later. It was what scared me so much to want to run away....which Evie showed me I should be scared of. She'll be by my side. She'll be my rock to ground me on earth. She'll be there for me, as I will for her.

Seeing the hurt in her eyes when she read my letter, realising what I meant, it broke my heart. Shattered it into a million pieces. She felt betrayed, alone, left behind. I never, ever, want to do that again, I press my finger onto the intercom button on the phone to signal to whoever is there. "Hello?" I ask. "Helle. Who is this?" The person on the other side says. "Hi. This is Lady Y/N." I say, waiting for a response. "My apologies, M'lady. How can I assist you?" The voice asks now. "I was just wondering where the King is?" I ask. I am met with silence for a bit before the person speaks again. "He had just gone off to a meeting. He should be back soon." The voice says. "You can wait in his office." They add. I think the person before settling on Ben's chair. If I get an office like this, it'll be filled with pictures instead of such formal decor....

I turn in the chair, opening the blinds and looking outside at the Tourney Field. No one is on it at the moment. Everyone is busy with Cotillion. Preparing for the event. Exactly what my girlfriend is doing.

I begin dozing off in the chair because, god, expensive chairs are comfortable.....

I hear a click of a door behind me and it wakes me up slightly. "Ben?" I mumble, yawning. "I'm sorry, I was waiting for you." I mutter, turning the chair around. "Oh, were you?" I hear a voice say. It was not Ben.

Definitely not.

I quickly look up to see an unwelcome, smirking face. "Uma?" I question, shocked. I stand, glaring at the girl. "What are you doing here? How are you even here?" I ask. Uma laughs, walking forward and sitting on Ben's desk in front of me. "Please. Let's cut to the chase." She says, smirking at me. "I have an offer."

I scoff, crossing my arms. "An offer? Really. I could call guards in here right now and get you taken away." I mutter, growling at her. She just laughs, shaking her head. "I don't recommend you do that." She says. I put my hand on the intercom again and am about to press until I see a familiar object in her hand. My mother's spell book. "How, How did you get that?" I ask. I know Uma's magic. Her mom's magic shell is around her neck, giving her powers now that she's outside of the Isle. "Your stupid little sister dropped it when ya'll were running." She says, laughing. She opens the book, looking through the contents.