-Chapter 12: The Announcement-

Out steps Mal in the dress I made her. Her outfit shows confidence, while her face shows terror. I step closer to the staircase, nodding at her in encouragement. "You got this." I mouth as she nods, smiling.

Slowly, the girl descends the stairs, everyone watching the whole time with smiles on our faces. The former King and Queen, Belle and Beast, stop her quickly, muttering a few words to her and smiling. I watch with a smile, and can't help feeling proud. Looking over at the boys too. Feeling proud after all that trouble. 6 months ago and a few days ago. We made it here. Happy, in Auradon, enjoying life to the fullest. It is such a big step forward for us VKs.

I also smile at how Jane and Carlos hold each other, how Lonnie and Jay chat as if they are best friends. How Doug treats Y/N and I. We've finally....finally been accepted. Fully. Not seen as only a VK who had no right to be here. No, we are the VKs who paved our own way and are now, rightfully, residents of Auradon

Mal makes her way down and I hold out my hands to receive her. She smiles as she reaches me. "Hi." I say, holding her hands gingerly. "Hi." She replies, her voice light. "How are you?" I ask, walking with her to the centre of the deck. "Uh, sort of feel like I'm gonna throw up." She says, grimacing. I nod, understanding the feeling. "Yeah? Okay. That's okay." I say, smiling as Jay puts his hand on her shoulder. "Look, we're right here with you, okay?" He says. Mal nods, smiling as trumpets are heard again.

We all redirect our attention to the stairs again as the spotlights shine on the top again. Lumiere announces again, holding his hand in the direction of the door on top of the stairs. "King Benjamin!" He announces. At that, Ben steps out. He is in his royal blue and gold suit, donning his crown on his head as he steps out. People cheer as the King smiles, eyes locking on Mal's as he walks down the stairs too. I grin, looking at Mal as she admires her boyfriend before nudging her lightly. "Go get him." I whisper, watching as she steps forward to meet the boy at the bottom of the stairs. "Mal." He mutters, grinning.

"Hi." Mal says. Ben smiles, leaning down to kiss Mal's ring. "Hi." He says back. I assume Ben gave her the ring back because I did not see it before. Ben quickly glances up the stairs before turning to face all of us. "Guys, I have to tell you something." He says quickly, as if trying to rush his words out. I'm confused. Why does he look worried? "What is it Ben?" Mal asks, taking his hands in hers. Ben stutters, unable to get words out as trumpets are heard again. We all look to the stairs where Mal and Ben had come down from as Lumiere announces yet again.

"Future Queen of the Isle, Lady Y/N!" He announces, making my heart beat faster as I wait for my gorgeous girlfriend to appear.

And she does. She steps out in the blue and purple dress I had made. The outfit ends up making some people gasp as the light blue cape on the back sways in the wind. The girl smiles at the crowd, walking down the stairs slowly. She is also stopped by the former royalty as I admire her. The way her hair falls along her shoulders. The way the dress is made to show her off while also making sure people can appreciate her. She was beautiful, and I can't believe I can call her my girlfriend.

The girl makes her way down, being greeted by the King first as he bows to her. He seems to mutter into her ear urgently, earning a shake of her head. The King turns to the crowd, frowning as he speaks. "As of now, Y/N of the Isle. Lady Y/N, is to be officially crowned Queen of the Isle. In this title, she will assist me in ruling, conjoining both the Isle and Auradon in a...peaceful unionship." He says. He turns to a servant behind him who presents a crown on a pillow. It was decorated with shining light blue gems which compliment her dress and made out of gold. It was, in a way, the Auradon colours. Except for the shimmer of green that lined the edges of the crown. That? That was the Isle. I believe that it is actually the temporary crown because a proper crown is being made.