[~ chapter 21 ~]

(❀)
Part twenty-one,

꧁ 𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 ꧂

...

-

-

"Sensei... Does it always snow in Sne.. Sneh. Snzheuevya?" You stepped into the snow, a small crunch sound coming upon the contact. Buildings, trees, statues- everything was coated in thin and thick layers of glittering white snow. She smiled as you nearly tripped and fell by a small pebble burried beneath the frozen rain.

Her snowy white eyelashes blinked softly as she fixed her hood. "Not always. But due to the remnants of sheer cryo energy from..."

Yikes. Sensei goes on for hours when talking about anything related to the seven elements or the archon war. But it made a good background noise to distract your mind from the cold, lifeless stares of the people walking on the streets. More and more buildings soon came into sight as the two of you continued walking through the streets. Merchants motionlessly stood by their stalls while customers quietly came and went, mostly food vendors or ones selling strange mechanisms.

You jumped as a steam clock let out a huge cloud of white smoke into the air and continued ticking away. It was just over 12 o'clock in the afternoon, an hour after the two of you had crossed the borders from Mondstadt.

This was much different than Liyue, Sumeru, or Mondstadt. Back there were street performers and merchants calling out to catch people's attention. Guards happily chatted with people walking by, and children chased each other and bumped into people there. Snezhnaya seemed to be the polar opposite. Everyone walked in slow motion as if they were robots affected cold weather. Whenever a guard with the infamous Fatui symbol on their clothes passed by, the whole street froze.

So much for the nation that once represented love.

Many people dressed in strange clothes and foreign insignias. A four cornered symbol with a circle on each edges. Sensei immediately began to get quieter and pulled you inside her right side of the cloak. She began walking a little slower and paused every few seconds. A cry in the distance made you snap your head.

"P-please! Just one more week, I can assure I can pay back the everything by then!" Peeking your head out from her coat, you turned your head towards the owner of the voice. There was a ordinary looking Snezhnayan man standing near a stall. Facing him was a huge male in a purple and black uniform, his face covered with a mask.