[~ chapter 09 ~]

I get it animixplay. Hot single moms are around my area.
----

( ❀ )
Part nine,

꧁ 𝘛𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 ꧂

...

-

-

"The weather is nice today, don't you think?"

"Whatever you wish to believe, my grace."

Kunikuzushi dragged you out to the front of the palace and went on for a 'greeting the citizens'. It was a little chilly because of the hidden sun behind the gray clouds, but bearable. How long had it been since you saw the outside world? You didnt recall. But the stares and amazed whispers pointed at the two of you wasn't very comfortable, especially the ladies up and ready to gossip.

"Look, it's the Raiden shogun!"

"Who is that woman with him?"

"Is she the one that trialed mother was rambling about?"

"His majesty is looking mouthwatering as usual..."

It almost seemed as if the shogun was showing you off. Like a rich man shaking coins in front of peasants. So close yet unreachable.

Scaramouche held his head slightly higher than usual, and the usual frown was lifted. The sight of 'his' people gnawking and making rumors about himself and you almost felt.. Sinfully good. His companion was stiffly walking beside him with two hands neatly placed together at the front. A hand that was missing of something.

Snap out of it Kunikuzushi.

They passed by merchants who stopped clapping for customers, and mouths dropped. Raiden Scaramouche was a rarer sight to see than a sakura suddenly turning blue in Inazuma. He preferred to stay indoors throughout the Murasaki cough. Well, not that he would come out to show his glorious face to such peasants regularly anyway.

Most citizens had pieces of white fabric tied to the lower half of their faces even now. You nearly forgot about the whole situation while getting pampered up in the Tenshukaku. Your friend didn't seem phased about the sight in front of him.

Many came out their doors to cheer and whisper about the king's entry. They did all sorts of things in hopes of catching his attention. Scaramouche merely scoffed at the pathetic behaviors and walked slightly faster. So much for greeting the citizens. "Such worms... Any suggestions on where to go? I know this place better than myself, so spit it out."

You almost choked on your spit at his unexpected response. Did he just- make a joke? The end of Teyvat must be approaching faster than you imagined. "Maybe the dango milk shop? I heard the maids talking about it."