[~ chapter 04 ~]

Just finished the aranara chain and Sumeru archon quests as I'm beginning to write this :P I never want to see a single ara fucking nara ever again.

I need a life 😭

( ❀ )
Part four,

꧁ 𝘚𝘦𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘣𝘰𝘺, 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 ꧂

...

-

-

Turning his head to face the doors, Scaramouche clicked his footwear repeatedly until a pause sounded and the door creaked open. A single person rushed into your room, re-closing the entrance soon after. You assumed it was Kokomi but kept your eyes shut just in case. "Psst, you can open your eyes now." The moment your eyelids opened, countless thoughts swarmed your brain. How did he know your name? Why did he sit and speak to himself? What did he mean by all those words? Then suddenly, all the dots connected with each other.

That boy, the rude and lonely boy.. 'Kunikuzushi' was the current 'Scaramouche.' Alarms went off in your head just by thinking about it.

Kokomi glanced at you worriedly at the continuing silence, wondering if she should speak up or not. The doctor appeared to be drowning deep in her thoughts and she didn't wish to interupt. If anyone, you had all the right to be confused and frustrated right now. You know, just casually chased and kidnapped by the emperor just like any other normal day. Noticing her discomfort, you shook your head and smiled.

"Oh, my apologies. It seemed that I zoned out." Your friend quickly shook her head from her position.
"No no, it's alright. But.. If you don't mind, maybe I could know your last name at least? Of course, if you feel uncomfortable there is no need at all."

She rambled a little by the end of her sentence in panic for her boldness. Another smile bloomed on your lips at her flushed state. Kokomi seemed like a trustworthy person, risking her own life lying to the emperor. "You have all the right to know. Well then, I go by L/n Y/n. Call me Y/n." Attempting to raise your arm from underneath the cover, the realization of your changed clothing hit.

Your current attire consisted of a plain white yukata with a very lose waist adjustment. Underneath the soft fabric, you felt the dull throb of professionally done stitches.

There was a huge window by the head of the bed half covered by black curtains along with matching carpets. Brown and black seemed to be the main theme of the room, which wasn't exactly a calming tone of colours for injured and stressed patients. Warmer and lighter colours are generally more successful in helping easing the mind. But of course, this failed to surprise you.

To see how much Kunikuzushi changed over the years..

Speaking fairly, it was partially your fault. But all you remembered waking up in sensei's arms in a circle filled with strange, unfamiliar symbols. There she simply said something along the lines of- "Once time is pushed by fate, you will meet him again." -when you asked where your friend was. It turned out you were both in Sumeru after you somehow got injured in Inazuma. Specifically, an underground temple in the desert. Sensei never directly answered any of your questions regarding the topic after that.