[~ chapter 13 ~]

( ❀ )
Part thirteen,

꧁ 𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯, 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 ꧂

...

-

-

The once peaceful Inazuma city was now flipped upside down. Shogunite soldiers ran across every inch of the land, searching for a certain doctor for the second time. It was in the middle of midnight, the only thing guiding them in the darkness was the moon and lamps on the streets. Most people returned to their homes or watched from the sidelines as armed men marched across where the joyful festival was once taking place.

Kunikuzushi waited for minutes. That turned into an hour, and two hours. When he finally lost patience and returned to the city, there was no trace of Sangonomiya nor his friend. When he asked around about the person who fell from the sickness, people looked at him with puzzled expressions. He was filled with rage the moment realization hit him. Blinded by fury, he ordered all soldiers available to search the entire lands of Narukami island. Whether this was a rational decision or not didn't come across his mind. How did he not realize until now?

"General Kujou. Any results so far?"

"I apologize. We have sent all patrolling soldiers across the land, it will be at least daybreak before they return with news."

The emperor of the said nation grinded his teeth and looked up to the black parchment of ink above. The fact you were underneath the same void of light somehow gave him some sort of comfort. Clenching his chest, Kunikuzushi placed the hat back on its rightful place. "How annoying... You all will pay for this."

Isn't this risible.

~

"Wow, this is Fontaine! Look at all those weird machines- sensei?"

After journeying through the sandy deserts and exploring temples of Sumeru, the two of you arrived in Fontaine. But when you got off the boat and looked around, sensei was nowhere to be seen. You assumed you momentarily lost her in the midst of chaos with people trying to find luggage and reuniting families. But hours and days passed trying to look for her, there were only fruitless results.

Nevertheless, you continued your job as you would've done with her. Laws were rather strict in the land of justice. You were asked multiple times for papers and proof you're traveling legally. Thankfully, you carried around a few thank-you letters from the royals of the nations you and sensei traveled. The nation symbols at the bottom of each letter was able to get you out of most sticky situations.