(Deimos x reader) Late Night Talk

Summary: Deimos does a thing, ends in therapy session
WARNINGS: Mention of vomiting

It was sunday in Nevada, the chill, "lay around in pyjama's" day that somehow still existed. Of course, the lay back day rule also applied to the S.Q (most of the time). So, there were you and Sanford, chatting about whatever. Fun fact: you were actually in a devoted relationship with his best friend, Deimos.

Random fact I hear you say? Just wait...

"Hey! Sanford! Babe! Look!"

Of course, the both of you would have already turned by now because of the horridly strong wave of cigarette stench that came with the criminal. And the cause of the smell was soon discovered, Deimos was...holding about a whole packs worth of lung exterminators in his mouth...with a very stupid face and pose...

"Oh. Oh for fucks sake Deimos." was all you had say, along with a bonk on the giggling gremlin's head by Sanford. Yep, this was the man you fell abyssally in love with.

Needless to say, you ended up patting his back as he vomited pure black tar in the already traumatized toilet.

"This one's on you this time."

***

A few hours later, a bit after midnight, the feral smoker and his partner (that's you) were cuddling in bed, ready for sleep. One might think midnight was a late hour to go to bed, but for someone living in the hellscape of Nevada, it was early more than anything. As a result, neither of you could really manage to fall asleep.

So, you did the next best thing.

"Hey shawty?"

"Yeah?"

"Was the cigarette stunt I did funny?"

Admitted, you had to think a little to mke sure it didn't sound wrong. "Well, yeah, but don't so it again, alright? Smoking that much is bad for you and you know it."

"Yeah, yeah, I know...but I still got you and San to laugh! 'sides, 's not like me dyin' would be that tragic..." That last part was the quietest, but it definitely didn't go without your attention.

"Deimos...sweetheart..."

He let out a strained sigh. "Yes yes I know, don't worry boo I promise I'm fine."

You stared at him for a few seconds. Let the bad timing of his words sink in. But you did end up saying something.

"Just...if you ever need to talk, I'm always here, alright? Sanford too. Hell, maybe even...wait, no, remove the maybe...even Doc is here to listen!

...Because we care about you love."

Although he tried his best not to show it, Deimos was clearly moved by your words as he buried himself into your chest. It's crazy how such simple words could make him think of just how lucky he was to have met you. Seriously, what did he do to deserve such a perfect being as his lover? Why would anyone even love him in the first place? There was so many feelings and thoughts about how much he loved you racing through his head he almost forgot to say something out loud.

"Thank you." A bit simple, but the tone alone was enough to tell you just how many times your lover would kill and die for you.

But until then, you made the most of this simple moment, and you two kept on blabering about much less serious topics until you eventually fell asleep in eachothers arms, right where, for once in the apocalypse, you felt you were right at home.