(Fanatic x reader) Down In The Dark Caves

Requested by @JesterSystem I am SO SORRY that it took so long
Summary: When you got lost in the Nexus City undergrounds, you weren't expecting to find a bunch of new little friends.
WARNINGS: Madness: Project Nexus spoilers

What a mess...what a mess you've gotten in...But honestly these sewers are built like an Ikea, can anyone really blame you for getting lost? Well, at least you have a gun and knife, so you'll be able to somewhat defend yourself if a mutated rat or whatever tries to jump you all of a sudden.

Searching for a semblance of what could be a path out, you analyse the area around you. You're in some sort of underground complex. It stinks. It's dark. Chunks of rock are often falling from higher up, and yet some people still find the courage...creativity...insanity? To live in this place. Well, according to what you've heard and to the corpses you've found on your way to search for an exit.

You expected more noises from this place to be honest. But right now it was just...quiet. The only sounds that could be heard were your own footsteps, it's almost creepy. At least you could be sharp on any incoming threat easily.

Yep...anything that would try to attack you...

...would get...

...

"...Weelcomee...intrude-"

BANG!

"EEK!"

You had quickly turned around and whipped out your gun at the strange duck mask wearing individual.

BANG BANG!

"H-HEY! CEASE THAT!"

BANG BANG BANG!

"I TOLD YOU TO-"

clic clic

You look down at your gun. No more ammo.

You looked up to the fanatic and had a quick staring context for a few seconds before you started to pull out your knife.

"Ah! Wait, wait! Stop! Have patience, I mean no harm!"

You stopped moving, still with your knife in hand and a fighting stance, glaring at the guy you just tried to kill and tilting your head quizzically at their claim.

"I-Indeed! Observe, I transport absolutely zero weapons on me!"

They open their arms wide to show you that they, in fact, have no weapons on them, which makes you losen up just a slight bit.

"...Besides, if I had wanted to attack you, wouldn't I have done it WITHOUT making my presence known...?"

...

"Alright, I give."

You put the knife back in your pocket, to which the stranger immediately sighs in relief and leans against a nearby wall to recover their breath and calm their heartbeat.
You're still extremely wary though, this random ass duck mask wearing guy just snuck up on you for a reason you haven't identified yet, and you know these kinds of people are just like everything in Nevada: violent dangerous assholes.

It takes a few moments of you staring at the masked fellow, analyzing their every movement and hovering your hand over your knife before you finally speak again.

"...Why did you "make your presence known" anyway?"

They silently turn their head towards you. It's hard to tell what their face is doing because of that mask. Hey, at least you've got the body language. And they still seem just as on edge as you. Maybe a little bit more, considering they almost just died.