(Sheriff x Flower Lover Reader) Redhouse

Requested on Tumblr

Summary: Your lover has a surprise for you.

Sheriff gently opened the door. In the only greenhouse of Nevada, the vision of you sitting amongst the flowers, nurturing them, carressing the petals, and your peaceful smile was already enough to make his heart skip a beat.

You hear footsteps and turn to see your lover bowing down with his hat and one hand as the other remains behind his back.

"M'love."

You can't hold your smile from getting bigger, immediately placing a hand on his shoulder and a kiss to his cheek.

"Hey sunshine, do you need anything?"

Then your eyes lower to see your lover's hands behind his back. You raise a brow with a lightly teasing tone, you know the cowboy by heart by now.

"Is that a surprise for me dear?"

The Sheriff chuckles proudly, before pulling out a pot from which is sprouting a small bud just mature enough to be recognized as a red baby rose. And exactly to his hopes and expectation, you were immediately overjoyed at the sight.

The foreman watches you in awe as you analyze the plant, excitedly looking for a place to conserve the little thing and gawking at how healthy it is. Within Nevada there must only be around one tree left, a testimony to the wonder it is to keep one plant alive, yet alone an entire small greenhouse (you've had to feed them blood sometimes).

The red light from the sky beamed down through the clear plastic roof, illuminating you in a crimson glow as you twirled the plant around in happiness. The Sheriff felt his cheeks heat up, god how he wishes he could live this moment forever. He often has this thought with you.

Suddenly, you pause your excitement.

"Oh I just remembered, I have my own present for you!"

Sheriff turns to you as you set the rosebud down, but he doesn't have time to see what you're doing before you place something upon his hat.

"Wha- Buttercup, what're ye-"

He takes his hat off, only to be greeted by a colorful ring of flowers right above the rim.

If he was blushing before, now he was so red it gave you the idea to grow tomatoes. It took him almost a full minute to admire your handywork of sunflowers, peonies, lavenders, tulip leaves and many more before placing the hat back on his head, mostly to cover up his bright red face.

"You're so talented pumpkin...what would I be without you..."

You chuckle at his whispers as you wrap your arms around him. You surprise the flustered cowboy once more when you press your lips to his. A kiss he doesn't hesitate to give back. You two keep like this for a little more, showing your love in between the flowers, dirt and sky.

He is going to be so proud when he wears that flowercrown at work.