Chapter 16 - Astronomy Tower

Harry's POV

My jaw hit the floor. I felt my throat clog up. "Harry?" asked Mione, ducking her head under the table. A few minutes later I was still speechless, the professors had left and I sat at the table again. "Harry!" Hermione repeated.

I had enough... I pulled my invisibility cloak over my head and ran back out the door. "Harry?" called Ron confused.

...

I didn't know how long the trip back had taken. I was currently standing, peering over the balcony of the astronomy tower at the purple, blue, and navy sky. I fidgeted with the gift box in my hand. A cool breeze blew past my face, I looked down at the snow coated ground, processing what had happened. I looked at the card I had in my hand, 'To Lucy' it read.

"Speak of the devil." I said as Lucy appeared at the edge of the staircase.

"And she shall appear." she chuckled.

"I was just thinking about you."

She smiled at me, but it faded when she caught a glimpse of the expression plastered on my face. "You alright, Harry? You seem down."

"Yeah I'm fine." I placed my empty hand in my pocket. "Wait... how are you here?"
"I walked?" she said, confused.

"Like, alone. Without your babysitters."

"Oh!" she giggled. "I told Pansy I was going to the bathroom, then to meet me in the library when she finished dinner. I have fifteen minutes to do whatever I want for the first time in months!"

I looked back at her hesitantly, "And you chose to spend your fifteen minutes of freedom... with me?"

She glanced back at me like I was insane. "Of course! Who else would I spend it with?"

I smiled at her reply. 'You're blushing, Harry!" she pointed out, laughing. "It's visible from a mile away, even in this lighting!" Lucy motioned to the lights coming from the castle windows. She walked up beside me, leaning on the railing, the castle lights danced on the water, and the boathouse added a painting effect to the whole scene. The half moon that bounced off the water could be seen in the reflection of Lucy's eyes. You could smell the food coming from the Great Hall, my mouth watered just thinking about it, however, I couldn't bring myself to eat, not after what happened today.

"Harry?" asked Lucy, "You alright?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine."

"Okayyyy... Hey, what's that?" she pointed to the box in my hand.

"Oh, it's for you... for your birthday." I handed the box to her, she carefully pulled open the box. Her face lit up with excitement.

"Harry, this is beautiful!"

"That's not all... open it up, it's a locket."

Lucy opened the locket, she watched the memory replay. "I remember this day, Ron was picking pine cone pieces out of his hair for days!" We laughed as I helped her put the necklace on. She examined it for a moment before speaking again. "So, are you gonna tell me about Hogsmeade? Or will I just have to wait two more years?"

I chuckled at her sassiness, fixed my glasses and then began, "Well, you'd love it! There's this candy store. It's practically the size of a large house on the inside, but a quaint shop on the outside. And it's covered in snow! It looks almost identical to a gingerbread town!" I thought to myself of all the events that happened. "Oh! You have to try the Three Broomsticks. Their butterbeer is amazing." My smile faded at the next thought.

"You okay? You dozed off a bit there." said Lucy waving her hand in front of my face, snapping me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah. Can I tell you something? It's something you can't tell anyone!"

"Go ahead."

I looked down at the water once more. Lucy's pale skin shimmered in the lights. Tonight, Lucy wore a green and silver tie, short sleeve dress shirt, black pleated skirt, knee high socks, and combat boots, the same ones she wore to the picnic a while ago. I inhaled sharply, running a hand through my hair then taking off my glasses and pinching my nose bridge out of stress.

"It's okay, Harry. I'm here for you." Lucy placed a soft hand on my shoulder.

I took one last deep breath and just let it out. "SiriusBlackismygodfatherandhehelpedVoldemortkillmyparents."

"Okay, Harry, I'm here for you. But you need to slow down"

"Sorry, Sirius Black is my godfather and he helped Voldemort kill my parents..."

"What? If he helped the Dark Lord, why would your parents make him your godfather?"

"I-I don't know... He was their friend."

"Harry, I'm always gonna be here for you if you need to talk."

Angry tears stung my eyes. All I knew was that Sirius Black was... is my godfather. And he's out of Azkaban and coming after me. But when he does, I'll be ready. When he does, I'm gonna kill him.

I said the only words I could muster in a matter of seconds, "Thanks, Lucy Goose."

"Anytime, Scarhead." She wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace. I caught myself blushing again and tried to stop.

"Scarhead, eh?" came a deep voice, far too well known. Draco Malfoy stood leaning against the wall by the stairs. Pansy Parkinson and Blaie Zabini stood on the last two steps. "Aw, Potty I thought that was our thing?" Draco's sarcasm always put me on edge.

"Lucy is the only one allowed to call me that. You know this, Malfoy."

"D-Dray, I-I can explain." stuttered Lucy.

"Oh quiet, Lucy," said Pansy. "I thought we were meeting at the library. Not going to suck face with Golden Boy over here. "

"We were going to meet in the library! I just wanted to take a quick breather so I decided to come look at the stars and I ran into Harry!"

Pansy opened her mouth to speak but Draco spoke first. "Lucia Marie Malfoy!" Everyone went dead silent. I had never heard Draco yell like that before. Lucy straightened her back in shock. "Pack your trunk. We're taking the train home for the holidays. I want you done by tomorrow afternoon."

"What?" protested Lucy. "But I was gonna stay here for Christmas! Dray, this isn't fair!"

"Lucy..." I whispered. She looked at me with watery eyes. Hugged me one last time, much to Draco's dismay. I had enough time to exchange a few rude glances between Pansy and Blaise who smirked back.

I looked down at Lucy who looked back up at me, she released me from the hug and looked directly into my eyes. "I'll miss you, Harry, so much." I could feel Draco roll his eyes.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Lucy Goose. But you'll be back." I paused and bent my head down to whisper in her ear. "I'll owl you."

She nodded, sadly. Turning around, she ran, shoving past the three, followed by Blaise and Pansy who ran after her. Draco, however, only smirked at me. He stood up and walked over to me. His hands smugly in his pockets.

"You're not the only one, Potter, who can play dirty." And with that he turned sharply on his heels. Then left, clearly self-satisfied. I only stood and ran a hand through my hair. This was all my fault...