Chapter 13 - Quidditch

Harry's POV

As Ron and I returned to our dorm after Herbology that morning. We noticed the torn portrait of the Fat Lady had been replaced by a painting of an armoured knight with a fat grey ponytail. Probably for repairs. "I am Sir Cadogan!" He yelled, everyone knew who he was for he'd, previously, hung on the wall on the way to the library. He spent most of his time challenging people to duels, and the rest up ridiculously challenging passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

"He's barking mad!" Seamus complained to Percy. "A complete lunatic! Can't we get anyone else?"

"What'd you expect?" Dean laughed, sarcastically. I looked at Ron who was giggling uncontrollably. "After what happened with the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures wanted to take the job!"

"For fear they'd meet the same fate as the Fat Lady." Percy interrupted. "Sir Cadogan was the only picture brave enough to volunteer." Percy stood in a perfectly poised position, you'd probably think he was commanding an army. Ron always told me how he took the Head Boy role a little too seriously.

It seemed Percy was always tailing me now, ever since the Fat Lady incident. Probably Mrs. Weasley doing, being the mother I never had. Along with Percy, the professors always found some excuse to walk with me in the halls to classes, even during free periods. The students turned around and headed to class, an annoyed mood wafted over the group.

...

As we walked to Defence Against the Dark Arts, I noticed Draco walking with his gang of minions, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle who were still eating breakfast. Pansy Parkinson who was pretty much clinging onto Draco's arm for dear life. And, oh god... "Bloody hell! Is that Zabini?" Ron said, taking the words from my mouth.

I bit my tongue trying to not explode down the hall, the one and only Blaise Zabini had his arm around Lucy. I tried to look away to take my eyes off the sight but I just couldn't.

"Harry, you're as red as my hair!" Ron laughed, before his jaw dropped, "You're bloody jealous!"

My head snapped to Ron who was walking beside me. "W-what? No, I'm not."

"Then why do you have that glare that says, I wanna kill that Zabini right about now, hm?"

I scoffed. "I mean it's just she's eleven, almost twelve and Blaise isn't the... best character."

Ron and I entered the classroom, I saw Malfoy shove Blaise away from Lucy, finally he does something right for once! The Slytherins sat at a table at the front, in a corner. I sat at an empty table and Ron sat at the table across a walkway. The Dark Arts classroom always had a dungeon feel to it, the windows had designs of metal that made them look like bars, cages which sometimes housed magical creatures for our lessons, and steps leading up to the place where the professor stood (most likely to show superiority).

"Honestly, Harry, I think you're being a tad over protective of Baby Malfoy over there." Ron said in a ton that sounded sarcastic but clearly wasn't. "I mean, she's got Draco and-"

"Don't. Say. Zabini." I snapped. "And I mean, she's one of my friends, once she knows her way around the school, she should be fine. And all the first years have heard about the git her brother sometimes... always... is. I just want her to be happy." I took out my book and quill for class. "Lucy's not like her brother and I want to keep it that way." Concluding my argument.

Ron looked stunned as if he was expecting me to say something different; Oh, Ron, I just can't take my eyes off of her. She's stunning, with those perfect blue eyes, amazing silky hair, and the way she talks, how it always lightens up the room! Bloody hell, Lucy Marie Malfoy was, in some ways, perfect.