Chapter 6 - The Dementor

ALL ORIGINAL HARRY POTTER SERIES CHARACTERS BELONG TO J.K ROWLING

Lucy POV

I helped the trio clean up the cards and with a flick of my wand, all the candy wrappers disappeared. It began to rain outside and  I waked over to the window to watch it, the sound of rain always calmed me when I read in my room. I noticed the train began to slow to stop. "We can't be there yet," Hermione walked over to the window next to me and watching the train stop.

I turned around "People are boarding." I said gazing out the window on the door at cloaked people approaching the slowly moving train.  I glanced around at the silent three, the train stopped abruptly which tossed me to the ground and sent luggage falling out of the overhead compartments. "Lucy!" I looked up to see a concerned Potter reaching a hand out to me, I gently grabbed it and stood up. "You alright?" He asked "All good, Harry." I replied.

I looked at Harry and giggled seeing the concerned look on his face. Suddenly, the lanterns throughout the entire train all went out at the same time, I wrapped my arms around Harry. He jumped back. "Is it too late to say I'm deathly afraid of the dark?" I cried just loud enough for the three to hear. 

"LUCY! HIDE!" I heard my brother shout from the other side of the train

 "Bloody hell, was that Malfoy?" Ron's voice came from behind me. "Ouch! Ron, that was my foot!" Hermione snapped. 

 The door creaked open and I whipped around, suddenly feeling all happiness taken from me. I noticed the black cloaked figure I had seen earlier climbing aboard. It moved toward us. Harry, who I had his comforting arm around my waist fell back and before I could move, he was dragging me down to the ground, with him, I had begun to scream then my head hit something and I blacked out.

Harry POV 

The hooded figure entered the room and I moved Lucy back a few steps, I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head and collapsed. 

...

I woke up later to the professor who had been sleeping standing over me, Ron and Hermione had been watching nervously out the window, I noticed we were moving again and the lights had come back on. "Oh good, you're awake!" Said the professor, he pulled a chocolate bar out of his pocket, "Eat... you'll feel better." He said breaking a piece off and handing it to me. I cautiously took the chocolate. "What was that?" I asked. "A dementor, one of the guards of Azkaban, searching the train for Sirius Black... Now I must go have a word with the driver." And with that, Lupin left. I took a small bite of the chocolate and suddenly, energy flushed over me like the ice water Uncle Vernon would pour over me in the mornings to wake me up.

"Where's Lucy?" I asked, coming to my senses. I sat up to see the knocked out first year on the other side of the dimly lit carriage laying on the other cushioned bench. "LUCY!?" I stood up, almost falling, but catching myself, I quickly ran to the bench where she laid.  "She hit her head, you accidentally pulled her down when you passed out." Ron mumbled. Dang... I can only imagine Draco's face if he found out... 

"I did this to her?"

"Accidentally." Hermione added.

Before I could continue, Malfoy slammed open the door, "If it isn't Potty, Weasel, and you, the filthy mudblood." Draco laughed "Shut up, Malfoy." Ron replied, coldly. He approached Ron and gave him a devilish smirk then turned to all of us, who were standing in front of Lucy. We could see he noticed someone was laying behind us so he tried to to get a better look. Sadly, Lucy's hair had hang off of the bench, and Draco noticed this before we did.

He shoved us all out the way of the way easily, I hated when he did that, when he was assured it was his sister his face went cold, if it wasn't already cold before, it just became ice. He knelt down to his sisters still body. Anger had flooded over him, however he couldn't hide the fact the he was very worried.

Picking her up, he turned to us, "This is all of your faults, you especially, Potter."

"Draco, we didn't do anything. She hit her head! We trie-" Mione reasoned

"Save it, Mudblood." Malfoy interrupted. Walking towards the door, "Oh, and I told you to stay the hell away from my sister." He then left without another word.

"I've never seen Draco so protective before." Hermione mumbled. Ron and I nodded in agreement.

"Or worried." Ron laughed.

"I do hope Lucy is alright," I confessed. "She was a nice kid." Hermione and Ron looked down at the floor, thinking the same thing,"

Draco POV

I took my sister away from those Gryffindorks, sent Crabbe and Goyle away, then laid her down in the carriage.  About fifteen minutes later, her eyes flickered open and I ran over to make sure she was okay, "Lucy, are you alright? You had me worried sick!" I hugged her and she pushed me back faintly, "What's wrong?" I asked. "You gave Herm, Ron, and Harry difficulty for two years!?" I wasn't surprised the twits told her about how "awful" I had been. "Oh, Lucy, It might have been a miscommunication, I would never harm the Harry Potter." I lied to her. There was a sense of relief that showed up on her face. Of course I hated lying to her, but I had been my whole life, I had to keep it a secret about Mother and Father's true job.

She yawned and i handed her a sweet from my pocket, she cheerfully ate it. "Did you see the floating thing, Draco?"

"Floating thing?"

"Yeah it was a dark, hooded, floating thing." My eyes widened, knowing exactly what it was, a dementor, however I didn't want to scare her with any of the details about Sirius Black's escape, so I said the first thing that came to me. "No I didn't, it's probably nothing." I shrugged it off and the train began to slow.

"Look out the window." I said motioning to the window. She ran over and looked out the window at the enormous brick castle with dim lit windows, against the starry sky, towering above the dark lake which had gentle waves that rippled away from the majestic castle. 

 (A/N) I know this was a long chapter, I hope you enjoy and that I have the same inspiration for the rest of the chapters, so I can keep bringing you on more adventures!!