Beauty Queen

"Emma."

"Emma." A faint whisper was heard. It sounded distant, like an echo.

"Dammit Emma wake up!" The voice was louder and rang through the silence.

My eyes shot open, my head throbbing. I tried to hold my hand to my head, but they stopped short near my chest.

"EMMA!" It was Kat.

"What?!" I shouted quietly.

"We're locked in a basement." She whispered. I jerked my hands toward my chest again, only receiving a jingle noise. Chains. "What happened?" Her voice was hoarse, like she had been yelling.

"We...We were drugged....There was this guy who s-"

A creaking noise of laughter and chatter filled the room and a beam of light shined. "I see you have awakened." A man and some guys came walking down the stairs. The light switch flipped on and we flenched while shielding our eyes. I noticed that Kat and I were stripped down to our underwear. Kat had a few bruises, making me think she was awake a lot longer before me.

"How was your rest?" The 'leader' said.

"Fuck you." Kat spat. The man struck his hand across her pale face.

"You can't hit her!!! She's a girl you dick!" I yelled. He lunged in my face, chuckling; grabbing a firm grip in my hair and pulling my face towards his,"I'll do whatever the fuck I want you bitch. My house. My rules."

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice spit out pure disgust.

"My name is Michael." He gestured to himself. "And this is Aaron, DJ, Adam, and JJ." I recognised Aaron- he was the one who drugged us at the bar. "Now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You follow the rules-"

"What's the rules?" Kat asked through tears. She had a long cut across her face where he slapped her.

"You show us respect; otherwise punishment, no leaving, and do anything we say," he turned to face me. "Except you. You only obey me. No one will lay any hands on you except me." A sinister smile crept his lips.

"Fuck you! You don't deserve respect. You're a dick!" Kat yelled, still crying. One of the guys- DJ I think he was- swept to her kicking her in the side. She fell helplessly, she was chained, how was she supposed to do anything. I tried to go help her, but I was restrained.

"Can we?" DJ asked.

"Yes. Go ahead." Michael ordered. The guys flocked over my friend while I stood still. Pieces of clothes flew over their heads, I knew what was about to happen. Michael suddenly unlocked my chains and led me up the stairs while I listened to my best friends blood curdling screech. I tried my best to kick my grasp away, but he was much more stronger.

"What are the doing to her?!" I said through sobs.

"Well, since you asked I'm going to be honest, they are probably eating her flesh while brutally fucking her." He smirked while he grabbed a bottle of wine.

My eyes nearly popped out my head at the sound of that,"Wh-"

"Ugh, we're vampires. Not that hard to notice." He groaned; gesturing to his razor sharp fangs, blood red eyes, and white skin. I stayed silent, how else could you respond?

"So how old are you?" His voice rang while he rummaged through the refrigerator.

"I'm 20."

"Like wine?" He held up the bottle.

"Yes." I eyed the bottle like it was my life. I needed to get drunk, take my mind off the screams that could be heard from the basement. The sounds of my friend dying. "Is Kat going to die?" My voice quivered.

"No. But she'll wish by the time they're done with her." He chuckled. There was a long pause.

"Why?"

"Well, you see DJ has a big-"

"No not that. I meant, why us, why did we have to be the girls that get kidnapped?" I began to cry.

He just sighed while smiling,"You see, you're not just someone, not just a stranger. I needed someone that I've watched and observed for many years, and that's you. Em, I'm your neighbour, I watch you when you sleep, when you work, when your just laying around," he dropped his body down in front of me. "Even when you bathe, I watch you nonstop. Ever since I moved in ten years ago, ever since the day you and Kat went to go to the park, I knew you two were the ones. Em, you're special." He smiled.

"Might I add, you have a beautiful body. Something I'll soon become familiar with."