𝟎𝟎𝟖-𝐟𝐥𝐲, 𝐟𝐥𝐲, 𝐟𝐥𝐲!

SANTA AND ZIGGY TURN to each other

SANTA AND ZIGGY TURN to each other. Red and blue lights make their rosy cheeks two different colors. Ziggy, on instinct, runs for the drivers seat door. "All right, Zig. Hey, hey, I'm driving!" The girl turns around. "Out!" She holds her hands up, quickly making her way to the passengers seat.
     "Get out of the vehicle." The intimidating man over the speaker orders.
     "Santa?" Ziggy whimpers in a scared manner. Santa guides Ziggy to her door. The two scramble around in a panic trying to shut their doors.
     "It's okay, Zig." The man takes a deep breath in, looks to Ziggy, then the upcoming road. "Here we go." Santa grunts, stomping on the gas. The tires squeal, accelerating them backwards.
     "Hey!"
     "Get outta the car, man!" The cops shout.
     "Yeah, yeah, I got it." Santa grumbles. Ziggy pants, looking back at the angry cops. Santa scoffs with sass before pressing his foot on the gas again, accelerating them further back. Ziggy's stomach almost sinks to the ground from surprise.
     "Oh, my god! It's an automatic!" She gasps.
     "I'm a little rusty! Relax!" Santa rolls his eyes.
     "It's not that complicated!" Ziggy remarks before they speed off into the dark streets of Chicago. They soon hear sirens wailing behind them. The brunette knew what she was getting into by hopping into that sleigh, but what she didn't know was how much of a rebel Santa is on the wheel. Ziggy tosses and turns in her seat with Santa making sharp turns, confidently laughing, hitting the wheel.
     "All right! I mean, I'm used to something with more pop under the hood, but man, this baby really handles!" Santa continues making conversation. Does he know we're in a cop car chase right now? Ziggy couldn't even answer.
     "You think you can just, wave your hand and like, Jedi mind trick the cops?" The gasping girl asks.
     "I'm Santa Claus, Zig, not Yoda," By just a second, Santa could make a quick sharp turn, almost crashing them into a building. Oh. My. God.

_____

     "Reindeer!" Kate yells. She looks up at her worrying brother. His mind is everywhere. He didn't know what to do with himself. He didn't look this worried when stealing that car. Kate hit Teddy. He looked down offendedly.
     "What?"
     "Call out for the reindeer? Hello?" Teddy sighed, bringing his hands up to his mouth.
     "Reindeer?" Teddy shouts. "Comet!"
     "Blitzen!" Engines roar behind the siblings. On instinct, the two turn around to see the red Dodger and the cop car trailing behind it. Kate sighs while Teddy worries even more. "Where are you?" Almost in an instant, sleigh bells start ringing. Kate and Teddy stop, running forwards in unison. In a large alleyway, there lay eight reindeers. Teddy's eyes glisten. Kate looks in wonder, holding onto Teddy in excitement. He looks down at her, slightly smiling at his happy sister. The reindeer grunt, backing up quickly. Kate passes Teddy the camera, slowly walking up to the reindeer.
     "Kate—"
     "Shh, it's okay. It's okay." Kate reassured. "I won't hurt you," she turned back to Teddy. "We won't hurt you. We're with Santa." Teddy and Kate inched closer to the reindeer. Only for them to back up, snorting loudly. "You can trust us." Kate walks closer with the reindeer stopping. Teddy steps closer, taking a candy cane out of Kate's pocket. He reaches out his arm towards the reindeer gently.
     "Here." The reindeers snort, backing up in surprise. Kate looks up at Teddy, smiling. She takes it back, stepping closer as they back up more.
     "It's just a candy cane. Don't you want some?" The head reindeer stops for Kate, leading the pack. "It's okay. We're some of the good guys." the reindeer sniffs the candy cane, taking a big bite out of it. Kate hands Teddy another one. He picks out any reindeer, slowly walking up to it.
     "You can trust us," Teddy says, smiling, gainintnanother reindeer's attention. The reindeer eats the candy cane, sticking it's head out closer to Teddy. He gently pets it's head as he smiles, wondering how he got here: petting a reindeer in Chicago trying to save Christmas. Kate places her warm glove onto the reindeers snout, holding it there for a minute. The reindeer warms up to her, nudging closer.
     "There you go, it's okay. It's okay." Kate whispers, continuously petting the reindeer. It bellows softly as Kate makes her way to see which reindeer she's looking at. "I'm Kate, and you're..." she reads the name engraved in all gold. "Comet. Comet? The Comet?" Kate jumps. "Wow, you're really famous where I come from!" Teddy softly chuckles at the girl, checking which reindeer is his. Donner. Teddy looks up at Donner. Petting him softly. "Santa's really worried about you. Is it okay if we take you to him?" Donner and Comet bellow again, sitting down on the floor, waiting for them. Teddy chuckles lightly in surprise, slowly hopping onto Donner. Kate looks back at him, smiling to her ears. Kate hadn't smiled that much around him in a long time. He cant help but grin as much as she is. Kate, with ease, hops onto Comet like she had done it one hundred times before.
     "Hold on-woah!" Teddy yells before the reindeer run off for Santa, praying they're not in jail already.