𝟎𝟏𝟔-𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE SLEIGH SLOWLY WHOOSHES down as they land back on their little street

THE SLEIGH SLOWLY WHOOSHES down as they land back on their little street. The four shake, their faces smiling with glee. "Perfect four-point landing and we beat your moms' too." Santa exclaims while standing up to usher the kids out of the sleigh.
"That was awesome!" Teddy yells, high-fiving Ziggy which turned into hand holding.
"What was your favorite part?" Kate asks, jumping up and down with excitement.
"Easy, riding the reindeer." Teddy scoffs.
"Oh, and being in the North Pole!" Kate adds.
"The car chase with the po!" Ziggy chuckles with Santa pointing to her in remembrance.
"You know what, Santa? I think that was the best night of my whole life," Kate smiles at the teens with interlocked hands who are smiling back at her.
"Mine too," Ziggy agrees.
"Oh, Christmas Eve is always the best night of my life. But now, it's time for me to go home." The kids' faces drop. Ziggy  forgot all about that part.
"Will we ever see you again?" Kate asked.
"Uh-uh. Not if I can help it," Ziggy's frown soon turns into a slight smile. "But in the future, if I ever need three helpers...I know where to find the best I've ever had," Ziggy's eyes turn glossy, opening her arms for everyone to group hug. She wraps her arms as best as she can around the three. Trying her best to play it cool, but Ziggy never wanted the night to end.
     "Santa! Eh?" The elves yelled offendedly. Santa speaks back to the elves, leaving them flustered.
     "He said the best human helpers he's ever had," Kate clarifies. Santa chuckles, turning to Kate.
     "I expect to see your Spanish grades go up this year. Now that you've learned another language,"
     "Oh no," Kate mumbles.
     "What?"
     "We forgot to get Mom a present!" Kate sighs. Teddy exhales rubbing his aching head. Santa rubbed his nose, trying his best to pretend like it was itchy.
     "Oh, gee. Well...Oh, that reminds me, though. Something I want you to have," Santa takes off his hat, handing to Teddy. Teddy stares confused at the hat. He looks to Ziggy who seems just as puzzled as him.
     "But...won't you need it to fly?" Teddy asks softly.
     "No, Teddy. I'm Santa Claus," his arms stick out with his palms to towards the risen sun. The sleigh suddenly starts floating off the ground. Teddy's heart swells as she reaches for Ziggy's  hand. The kids smiles grow, that feeling of wonder entering their bodies once more.
     "Wait, so...this whole night, anytime you wanted, you could've just-" Santa interrupts Teddy, quickly shushing the boy. Santa chuckles making his way to Ziggy who's eyes swell with her throat clogging.
     "Zig-" she runs to him, gripping him tight into a hug, tears staining the man's red coat. Santa freezes, caught by surprise. Kate frowns, watching the scene. "Oh, Ziggy," Santa sighs, hugging back tightly.
"Thank you," Ziggy squeaks out. Santa laughs, swaying with her. Santa nods reassuringly. She sniffles, mascara flowing down her face.
"Santa, can you be my dad?" Santa stops, bringing his hand to her hair, holding it.
"Yes, Ziggy. Of course," Ziggy laughs, squeezing him tightly. She pulls away, now the two's hands being held. "All right, now, I don't want any more people to see me, so..." before Ziggy pulls away, she looks back at Kate. The girls share a grin.
"Oh, and Santa?" He looks at Kate then back at Ziggy. "Can you do it?" Santa scoffs, looking away from the three. Ziggy pulls away from Santa. Teddy walks her back to the sidewalk to keep her empty hands company.
"No way."
"Please." Kate begs.
"Not happening."
"For us?"
"Kate!"
"Just this once?" Ziggy settles. Just once.
"Alright..." Santa caves in. "Just this once. Santa bends down to Kate's level. "And just for you," Santa points. Kate smiles, holding onto Ziggy's arm. Teddy looks at the two, he shares a smile as Santa backs up into the street, "Be good." Kate nods.
"We will." Santa taps his nose, his body dissipating into beautiful red and gold dust. The elves float along with him while waving to the kids before hiding back in the sack. The sleigh bells ring while it takes a quick round about in the air. The sleigh meets the kids back in the street with Santa standing, holding onto the reins, pointing at the three.
"Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" Santa screams. His yells growing faint in the distance. Kate shows her toothy smile, holding her camera tight.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐒 🎉