Headcanon 2: Insecurities

Idk if this sounds ooc of Bob. But what if, deep down inside, he's insecure of his body.

Like, growing up, through his entire childhood and all through his life, he has been severely bullied.

He would be called nasty things. Being called fat ass, fatso, pig, probably got told he looked pregnant at some point. He also probably got made fun of how he ran in gym or just him running in general. And he probably gotten some snickers and stares when he did. 

He would hear comments such as:

"You should be eat less."

"You're too fat."

"If you lose some weight, you'll be more attractive."

"Lose the burger. Eat more vegetables."

"You could/should starve for a few days. You'll live."

"Go to the gym and lose some weight."

"Stop complaining and just lose weight."

etc.

And I bet at some point he experienced the "walk of shame" a few times too when he was too big to fit in a seat or something.

Over time, though, he's just gotten used to it and doesn't show it. He doesn't show that he's bothered by it when he gets called fat. Besides, showing any vulnerability might get him made fun of. 

Even then, that's why he wears a big sweater to cover his body and that's why he always wears an apron at work because he doesn't like his stomach showing in his work shirt. 

So, I feel like, he'll honestly be so shocked if anyone found his body attractive.

Because if you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes true.

He doesn't understand why anyone could find him attractive. He thinks people find him disgusting. 

Because he always assumed women (or people in general) prefer and want men with muscles and abs. Men who have prominent V lines with flat muscled chests, who were fit and had a nice lean body with a chiseled defined jaw.

To Bob, as a man, those men were more manly than he was. To Bob, he feels as though he's not the ideal man. That no one wants an overweight sized man who has cellulite and stretch marks, someone who has a double chin in certain angles, and someone who has more of a bigger chest size, etc. 

He thinks people would choose the better fit looking man over someone like him. 

---
A/N:

Make sure to leave requests if you want me to write anything!!