Chapter 4

' The shop'

' The shop'

" Are you sure this is a good idea, [ Name]?" Beth asked the girl to her right, sweat dropping from her temple. Right now, they were both outside an antique store. Standing in front of the olden wooden door, talking to each other.

" It's fine, I've been here before. We just needed to get the button and we'll be fine." [ Name] spoke, hoping to get the button she saw the week prior. It was cheap, from what she last saw, three dollars! It was a yes and no button, perfect for dogs who couldn't understand their writing, from their previous attempts, but could under the language. It was cheap, affordable, and a deal so she decided to come pick it up from this old store.

" Don't chicken out, come on." [ Name] said before walking in, leaving the stunned and frustrated Beth outside. " Your 13 reason? Your all my reasons." The girl mumbled before collecting herself, entering as well. Both girls walked inside and scanned the place, old and dusty books layer everywhere. The air smelled of musk and mold, cobwebs decorated the room as if it was Halloween.

" Hello."

Flinching, both girls turned to the voice. Before them stood a small old lady, 5'5 [ 1 m 60cm] [ 160 cm]. She had patchy gray and blonde hair, olive skin, missing a few teeth. The ones that were there was brown and yellow, it was apparent she hasn't been brushing them for some years, decades even. Her teeth wasn't the only popping feature of hers', she had a long nose with a few noticeable brown warts on it.

" Eww," Beth mumbled before clinching when the girl beside her, hit her arm.

" Be polite." She whispered, irritated at her friends behavior. She straightened herself before looking back at the lady who appears to be well into her 70's, 80's maybe. " We would like to get the button on that shelf, please?" [ Name] said, showing her naturally long canines. Nodding the lady went to her counter before pulling out a woven bag made from straw as she ringed the items up.

" You need to be more polite," [ Name] whispered to her friend, making the brunette glare. " And you need to watch your strength. I told you I can't handle your ape strength!" Beth whispered rudely before they heard a cough in front of them.

" I'm sorry what was the price again!" The [ Hair colored girl exclaimed with a shy smile, embarrassed to be caught in a fight with the girl beside her by the old woman.

" Don't worry deary, you'll pay in due time but now it's on the house." The old lady said, showing her crooked teeth. The girl smile slightly cringed at the sight but she stayed polite. " We'll then thank you!"

Walking to the girl, both girls opened the door before exiting. Beth walked out first before her friend. As [ Name] was gonna walk out she heard the same croaking voice from the old lady, " I also added something extra into the bag. It will help with your little dog problem for them to turn human again."

' Wha-?' Turning around, the girl was met with nothing but a dilapidated building. The items that was displayed in the small old shop was now gone, replaced with daddy long legs and huge spider nest surround by cobwebs and spider silk. Looking around, the place looked more creepy making the girl rush out to her friend in a hurry, almost tumbling both of them down.

" Ahh! What the hell's wrong with you [ Name]!" Her friend shouted, rubbing her back. The other girl made no move to answer before running down the side walk. " I saw nothing, we ain't going back, and I'm not investigating." The girl said in a jumbled up sentence, making sure not to look back. Even as her friend called her name. If she wanted to catch up then she'll catch up, At least for now she ain't going in that direction do the run down store for a while. She saw horror movies and she ain't gonna be in one.

" Hey what was that about?" Beth said, shaking off the sweat drawing a response from the other girl.

" Honestly, I don't know but I ain't gonna stay to find out." Leaving at that, the girls made their way down the sidewalk to the house.

" Leaving at that, the girls made their way down the sidewalk to the house