Chapter 9

' Purse Dog?'

' Purse Dog?'

" I don't know [ Name], I can't really take them?" Betty smiled, a nervous glint in her dark brown eyes. She had just been asked to take the dogs sitting on the couch in front of her by her best friend but she had to deny. Not only were the dogs creepy but she had no room in the apartment she lives in right now. All the rooms were occupied and the home itself was very small, the fact it didn't allow animals was another reason as well.

"Well I don't think I can take care of them! Since they got here they've been mean mugging me with those lifeless dark eyes, look at them!" [ Name] pointed toward the four watching her but Betty could agree with her something. The dogs eyes were scary, almost like a dead fish eyes but they were also very similar to the other dog in her friend's care. The two girls gathered themselves and went close to the couch, slightly anxious because of the stares.

" Ya think they know what we're talking about? When you mentioned mean mugging they seemed to make it less intense."

Betty said not taking her eyes off the dogs. [ Name] couldn't help but agree. With all jokes aside, she noticed with all the dogs acted very strange. She played it off as her not being used to having pets and the fact their previous owner must have been a weirdo, who may have cause some serious mental damage to them but their mannerisms contradicted her guess. They acted as if they had a conscious mind, a conscious human mind to be specific. She caught Dragon pull Mickey out the bathroom when she was changing, she seen them gather into separate groups day by day not bothering each other,  hell she even caught Christian 'looking' at a bible.

" Do you think going shopping would cheer them up? I needed to get them some dog stuff for them anyway." [ Name] turned her head to the side, Beth placed a hand on her chin to think, nodding when she came to the same conclusion. " Are you sure you have enough left over money from the cafe? I saw the receipts for the last payment on the others." Beth asked, putting her arms down. She was right, it was very expensive to buy the things for the other dogs and it made a decent sizable dent into her pocket but she still had a little money left to spend. Might as-well spend it on the dogs since she has the chance too.

" I'll just buy some doggy bowls then. They're small, I'm sure they can fit on my bed after a bath."

The girl said. She wasn't all for having pets in her bed but having them stay at the end would be fine for her. All she was doing was going for in for four more doggy bowls and leaving. That's it.

" I guess that should be fine."

" We'll since that's decided, I guess you can watch the others until I get back!" [ Name] said, she wasn't really asking and Betty knew this but she couldn't disagree to it. She did owe [ Name] a solid after she gave her $40 to buy a Harry Styles' plushy last year. Can't helping but sigh, the brunette nodded her head up and down watching the other female in the room gather her stuff. " Great!" The [ Hair colored] girl gathered her things before pulling a big bag out the closet of her living room.

" Now all we need is to get the four into the bag."

Betty nodded moving towards the girl and the bag, simultaneously advancing with the girl to her side. The dogs on the couch glanced at each other before letting the two girls get near. " Up you go Emo, and you too Mafia, with Manny following and last but not least.... Bae!" The three other dogs could almost roll their eyes with the blatant favoritism in her voice . They could honestly say right now that this girl was one of the weirdest women they ever met but they needed to see where they are so agreeing to come willing would make this task so much easier.

Getting the dogs to the door was both challenging and easy. Having them in the bag together didn't conjure up too much weight but the bag didn't have a base inside to support the four dogs. She had to settle her hand under the bag so the dogs wouldn't go tumbling out the bag. Opening the door the girl waved her hand at her best friend. " Bye bye Betty, Love you!" Closing the door the girl heard a faint " I love you too!" Behind the door making her smile. Finally making it to the car the girl make sure to put the dogs in the floor of the passenger seat. The idea of keeping them stable in mind. Buckling up her seatbelt and starting her car with a last look of the dogs on the ground she pulled out of her driveway to go to a store that's nearby. The same store she went for the supplies the first time.

 The same store she went for the supplies the first time