America's Suitehearts

You would never believe who I ran into a few days after the show.

So I was just walking down the street, and I happened to see someone that I hadn't seen in forever. I noticed her flipping through a comic book, her headphones on. Knowing her, she was probably listening to something pretty good.

"Sarah!" I shouted, but she didn't hear me. That music was probably too loud. Then again, I was usually guilty of doing the same thing. I tapped her on the shoulder, and she turned around.

"Brendon!" she exclaimed as she jumped up and hugged me. "It's so good to see you!"

I smiled. "It's good to see you too."

"What have you been up to lately? I'm sure you have plenty of stories."

"You probably have a few too," I said.

Sarah shrugged. "Not really. My career started to take off, so I moved to New York and I started to focus on that. It was a new beginning for me, really. I'm doing what I love now. I'm just back here to visit my parents for the day."

"That's nice," I said.

"How's Panic! At The Disco going?" Sarah asked me.

"It's a long story," I said. I told her how Spencer left and came back, how Ryan came back, how Ryan and Dallon hated each other, how Pete and Patrick got married and adopted a kid, and how I was forever banned from ever babysitting that kid, as well as some of our other adventures.

"Wow. It's crazy how much has happened," Sarah said.

"I know," I said. I was a little reluctant to tell Sarah about Ariane. What would she think if she knew that I had a new girlfriend? Maybe that wouldn't matter. Sarah probably had a boyfriend anyways. She hadn't completely forgotten about me, but it was likely that she didn't really have feelings for me anymore.

"Time flies, doesn't it?" Sarah said. "It seems like just yesterday when you were visiting me everyday at that little comic book shop that I used to work that."

"I kind of miss that," I said, and I did. Things were so much simpler back then.

"Me too, although I can't complain about my new job," Sarah said. "I just get to draw comic books all day. It's wonderful."

"It's nice to do what you love," I said. I should know. Even when things get crazy (like they always do), I always love Panic! At The Disco. I would never want to do anything else.

"Yeah, but I miss the people here sometimes," Sarah said.

"Like me?" I asked.

Sarah laughed. "Like you and every single other person who visited that store. I liked knowing everyone in town. That's a whole lot harder in NYC."

"It's impossible," I said. "You should visit more often though. I really do miss you."

"I miss you too Brendon," Sarah said.

"How long are you staying?" I asked.

"For the rest of this week," Sarah said.

Cool. I would have to visit her a few more times. "Can we meet up again sometime?"

"Sure," Sarah said.

Oddly enough, we hadn't addressed the breakup at all. I guess neither of us really wanted to talk about it. I was curious though. "So, um, do you, like, have a boyfriend now?" Wow. I really was the most awkward human being on the planet.