Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name of This Chapter So We Wouldn't Get Sued

"There it is!" Viola shouted, pointing to the big sign that read Coral Coast Elementary School. "That's my school!"

"Yep, there it is," Patrick said, smiling. He pulled up in front of the school. "Have fun at school today. I'll pick you up after school."

"Bye Viola!" Pete exclaimed.

"Bye Daddy!" she shouted as she grabbed her backpack and climbed out of the car.

Pete and Patrick both waved as Viola ran into the school. "She called me Daddy," Pete told Patrick.

"You never know," Patrick said. "She could have been talking to me."

"I guess we'll never know," Pete said as Patrick drove away.

Meanwhile, Viola was lost. She had forgotten to ask Pete and Patrick where exactly Mr. Benzedrine's classroom was, and now she was going to be late on her first day of school. She wandered around for a while, until she found another student around her age.

"Hello," the girl said. "You look lost."

"I am lost," Viola said. "I'm looking for Mr. Benzedrine's classroom."

The girl was a little shorter than Viola, and she had fair skin, green eyes, and honey blond hair. "So am I," she said. "I'm Jenny Brightside. What's your name?"

"Viola Stump-Wentz," Viola said.

"I like your hair," Jenny said. "Want to be friends?"

"Thanks, and yes," Viola said.

The bell suddenly rang, and Jenny and Viola both started running. They quickly found Mr. Benzedrine's classroom, and they both sprinted into my room.

"You're late," Mr. Benzedrine said sternly.

"Sorry, Mr. Benzedrine!" Jenny exclaimed.

"Take your seats," Mr. Benzedrine said, pointing to the only two empty seats left, which were conveniently next to each other. Viola and Jenny both sat down, and Mr. Benzedrine proceeded to take attendance. While he was taking attendance, Viola took out a book.

Mr. Benzedrine stared at Viola. "What are you reading?" he shouted.

"The Hobbit," Viola said.

"Viola, that book is far too difficult for a child your age," Mr. Benzedrine said. "If you want to read, I would recommend that you pick a book from a pile at the back of the classroom." Mr. Benzedrine clearly didn't know Viola very well. "Anyways, we're going to learn about addition today."

Viola already knew all of what Mr. Benzedrine was trying to teach her. She wanted to move on. She wanted to learn something new. It certainly didn't seem like that was going to happen though, so Viola just zoned out.

"VIOLA!" Mr. Benzedrine shouted. "What's three plus seven?"

"Ten," Viola said quietly.  

"Good," Mr. Benzedrine said. "I thought that you weren't paying attention. Class is dismissed for lunch and recess."

The class lined up for lunch. "Do you want to sit together at lunch?" Jenny asked Viola.

"Yes," Viola said. Viola and Jenny found a table and they started chatting.

"Mr. Benzedrine's really mean," Jenny said.

"Yeah!" Viola exclaimed. "He stole my book!"

"Aren't teachers supposed to like reading?" Jenny asked.