This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race

This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking “Cool story, Brendon, but what does any of this have to with you being at a wedding?” So I’ll answer that for you right now.

Stop being impatient. This will all make sense later.

We were getting ready to hit the road again, but it was the last day of the tour for Fall Out Boy. Pete wanted to have a pizza party to celebrate, so the four of them were waiting for the pizza to come. Unfortunately, it was taking forever.

“It would have taken less time to just make a pizza myself,” Pete said.

“Yeah, but you can’t make a vegan pizza, and the pizzeria can,” Andy told him.

“I know, but I’m hungry!” Pete shouted.

“It’ll show up soon,” Joe said.

Joe was right. At that moment, someone knocked on the door. Pete ran up to the door and got the pizza. “PIZZA!” he screamed. He opened the box, grabbed a few slices, and started eating. Patrick, Andy, and Joe each took a slice. They quickly finished the entire pizza.

“I’m still kind of hungry,” Pete said.

“Do you want me to go get some more?” Patrick asked.

“That would be great, Trick,” Pete said.

“Did you just call me Trick?”

“Yeah, it suits you, and it’s cute,” Pete said.

“Whatever,” Patrick said. “So I’m getting another cheese pizza?”

“Yep.”

“I’ll be back in a few minutes,” Patrick said. He waved and left the room. Luckily, the pizzeria was close, so he was able to walk there. Patrick pulled out his iPod and put in his earbuds. It was a nice day out, and Patrick was enjoying the walk, but he knew that Pete would be mad if he wasn’t back soon, so he started walking a little faster.

Someone tapped him on the shoulder. Patrick looked and saw a young woman with brown hair and green eyes. “Hey, you’re Patrick Stump, right?” she said.

“Yes,” Patrick said, a little surprised that she recognized him. He continued walking.

“I’m a huge fan,” the girl said. “I was at your last concert and it was really good. You have a great voice.”