panic

the next morning, Wednesday, as usual, woke up earlier than her roommate. she looks over at the blonde's side of the room, and sees the pup asleep, the sound of her canines grinding, no longer bringing annoyance, but comfort to the psychic.

Wednesday gets up and walks over to her closet, grabbing her uniform from the clothing rack. she changes into her uniform and walks back out into the room where her roommate is still sound asleep. the raven haired girl walks over to her desk and turns her desk lamp on, she opens the present she received from her mother yesterday, and inside is a new kit of sorts.

the kit consisted of a UV light, a new hunting knife, a retractable shovel, and fingerprinting kit. Wednesday raises an eyebrow to the inconsistency of a theme within the small gifts, but nonetheless she knew that her mother had chosen these out of love for her daughter.

as Wednesday examines all of the things, now laid out on her desk, Enid groans, then she starts to growl and talk.

"stay away from her!" she yells "no! Wednesday!"

Enid's claws pop out and she starts to hyperventilate. Wednesday rushes over to her side of the room and she starts to shake the pup awake.

"Enid," she shakes "wake up Enid"

Enid starts to scream "no! no! no!"

"Enid!" Wednesday slaps the girl

the werewolf claws at Wednesday, but she leans back and dodges the hit. Enid sits up, finally broken apart from her trance. she looks at Wednesday, confusion, fear and uncertainty in her face. she was sweating more than a person entering the gates of hell for the first time.

Enid pulls Wednesday in for a hug and Wednesday gets that pit feeling in her stomach again.

"are you okay?" Wednesday whispers in her ear

Enid pulls away from her and looks down at her blanket and she starts to fidget with it. almost as if she's embarrassed by what just happened.

"during break, all i could think about was you. i kept on getting nightmares that something bad happened to you, that either Tyler or Crackstone killed you. i didn't get them during the weekend so i thought it was all over, but i guess not." Enid confesses

Wednesday watches the girl play with the hem of her blanket, unsure of what to say. she knew that Enid looks out for her, but she didn't know that she's affected Enid this greatly.

"Enid. look at me." Wednesday places a finger under Enid's chin forcing her to look up at her "i'm right here, i'm alive. you saved me from him that night and i could not have done it with out you."

Enid smiles gently at Wednesday, but the goth could see the sadness in her eyes. Wednesday's eyes go back and forth from Enid's blue eyes to Enid's lips.

"Wednesday." Enid whispers "thank you."

Enid envelopes the girl into another hug and Wednesday just lets her, whatever Enid needs to feel comfortable again. to be happy, cheerful Enid Sinclair again.

"i'm sorry, all of this is so stupid." Enid tells her as she pulls away

"it's not stupid." the girl dressed in black was quick to correct her, she pushes a piece of Enid's blonde hair and tucks it behind her ear

Wednesday could've sworn she saw Enid's cheeks turn into a light red color, but maybe it was just the sun going through one of the colored glass panes.

Enid sighs and Wednesday gets up from the bed, she begins to walk away, but Enid grabs her wrist, pulling her back. Wednesday turns around and looks down at Enid.

"can you stay with me a bit? just until i fully get out of this... state." Enid asks

Wednesday nods and Enid makes space for the girl in her twin sized bed. Wednesday gets under the covers and wraps her arm around Enid as the blonde lays her head on Wednesday's chest. the two cuddle in silence as Enid listens to Wednesday's faint heart beat, and watches as the girl's chest falls up and down from her breathing.

"Enid, you're aware we cannot stay in this position forever, right?" Wednesday asks referring to their first set of classes being in a few hours

"it's still early. i'd love to stay in this spot with you forever if i could though." 

the psychic's eyes go wide and she tries to keep her heart beat faint. Wednesday looks over at the digital alarm clock Enid has by her bedside. 7:20 am, classes don't start until 9:00. she settles back into the bed and gets comfortable with her roommate. this is new territory for Wednesday, she's never had to comfort anyone like this before, but Enid isn't just anyone. 

once Enid's alarm rings for when she usually wakes up, Wednesday starts to move away from her Enid sits up allowing the goth to get out of her bed. Wednesday walks into Enid's closet and the sight of all of the colors was revolting to her, but she pushes through it and grabs Enid's uniform off of the rack. she brings it back out to the werewolf and Enid smiles at her, a gentle smile.

"thank you"

Enid stands up and takes the uniform from Wednesday, she walks into her bathroom and proceeds to get ready for the day.

as Enid freshens up, Wednesday walks over to her side of the room and makes sure she has everything in her backpack. all her books, her pens and pencils. then she goes and grabs her silver headphones, the same ones that she gifted Enid. she turns them on and puts them on.

Wednesday grabs the phone Xavier had gifted her before the break and she opens it to the black and green app that Pugsley had downloaded for her and she open the playlist she made after hours of Pugsley teaching her how to add songs to it.

Enid walks out of the bathroom and sighs as she straightens her uniform. Wednesday has yet to tell her about the stalker, but considering the fact that Enid has yet to recover from the events of last semester, Wednesday has decided to hold off on telling her.

"there's no wrinkles, right?" Enid asks

Wednesday looks up and looks at her roommate. her eyes dart up and down at Enid, not really looking for the wrinkles in her uniform.

"no. no wrinkles." Wednesday tells her

Enid smiles softly at Wednesday and then walks over toward her bed, she grabs her backpack and her phone from her nightstand and walks over to Wednesday's side of the room.

"ready?" the blonde questions

Wednesday nods and they walk toward the door. Wednesday let's out a sigh as Enid puts her hand on the doorknob. she opens the door to the sound of students chatting in the hall, down the hall and shouting from the lounge below them.