chapter twenty

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX
"Quid Pro Woe"

( JENNA GOT NOMINATED FOR A GOLDEN GLOBE!!! so proud of her <333 )

🪦. *. ⋆

MALIA SAT ON THE STOOL BEHIND XAVIER AS HE BEGAN AGGRESSIVELY THROW PAINT AT HIS CANVAS. Malia tilted her head and then brought her fingers to her lips, trying to figure out how to bring up the fact all of his paintings were of the monster.

"I know you're staring at me," Xavier mumbled, moving back to throw more paint at the canvas.

"You'd tell me if there was something wrong, wouldn't you?" Malia asked, swinging her legs. Xavier paused and shrugged.

"Depends,"

Malia furrowed her eyebrows, "Depends? You're my best friend. I want to know everything," She argued. Xavier put the paint down and turned around, placing his hands on his hips.

Malia stood up too, pointing to the paintings. "There is something obviously up! Like, come on, X," Malia whispered, sadly.

Xavier sniffled.

"I love you and I want to help. Please, let me help," Malia begged, holding his hand. Xavier opened his mouth, but before he could voice his worries, Wednesday and Thing walked in.

Malia cleared her throat and felt the tense air immediately. What was going on with these two?

"I need your help," Wednesday stated, Malia raised an eyebrow.

"Hello, Malia. Oh, Malia how are you?" Malia mumbled to herself. Wednesday just shook her head as Xavier let out a chuckle.

"Don't gloat," Wednesday warned.

Xavier shook his head, "What, do you want some drawing lessons?" He teased.

Wednesday handed the drawing to Xavier silently.

He turned off the music.

"Your line works a little shaky," He mumbled, looking at Thing run down the length of art room.

"I saw that in a vision. Do you recognise it?" Wednesday asked.

Xavier folded up the paper and pointed to a drawing on his wall. Malia moved closer, squinting her eyes.

"When did you draw this?" Malia asked.

"Couple days ago," Xavier shrugged.